Are laptops better than desktops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poon

In Runtime
And if so, why do you choose laptops?

I think laptops are cool looking. I can picture myself typing on one with one hand and driving my car down the highway with the other hand.

I can't decide though.

I hope that picture doesn't become a reality. and if it does,... well... I hope i'm not driving anywhere near you.

I prefer desktops because they are easily upgraded and can perform better. I have a lappy but the battery is so gone now, that it basically has to be plugged into a wall.

Its nice being able to have a computer that can be moved easily, but I still prefer my desktop.

And if so, why do you choose laptops?

I think laptops are cool looking. I can picture myself typing on one with one hand and driving my car down the highway with the other hand.

I can't decide though.

Almost ran over a cat doint that... =[, I dont do that anymore lol.

But yea, I prefer desktops. More expandability and it wont get your lap really freaking hot when your playing a game of Warhammer :].

I am now the proud owner of a brand new laptop, but I will always stick with a desktop too. My desktop now is 3 years old, but I'll build new one within the next year. I will use my desktop as a mid-range budget and performance gaming machine, but also eventually photo and maybe some video editing. My laptop is going to be my best "friend" in this last year of college; mostly MS Office, some web editing, presentations etc. I am also studying abroad this coming fall, so I am taking this with me and guarding it like a new-born baby while I'm over there.

So I like both, and will continue to use both.

Laptops are great but if I ahd to choose I'd go desktop for the reasons stated above. If you're going to college, though, it's best to have a laptop for the portability and being able to take it to classes, the library, coffee shop, etc. Or just be like me and have both! :)

Laptops aren't even in the same league as desktops. I place them more in like with PDA phones.

They're expensive, slow, hard to work on, outrageously hard to upgrade, and are not at all cost efficient.

One thing i really want for a laptop, other than this coming school year with basically a freshman year in college as a senior, is i can picture myself sitting outside in a chair while browsing the net and playing my more non-intensive games, catching a tan or something while im doing it.... oh that would be nice...

And, im pretty sure ill be buying one from Jorsoft, so if you dudes want one talk to him he's got discounts of hundreds of dollars even off neweggs prices!

Hello,

Laptop demand overtakes desktop PC demand.

At the end of 2006, worldwide laptop sales were up 22.4% from the previous year, and has continued to grow [1]. Not only this, but the international market research firm IDC state that by 2011, demand for laptops will overtake demand for desktops. The laptop market is expected to grow by 16.1% each year up to 2011, compared with only 3.8% for desktop PCs. Laptops are getting cheaper, lighter, more efficient, more powerful, more portable, and we are becoming more and more mobile, so it's no wonder why more and more consumers are buying laptops [2].

I think it depends on the user's needs. Personally, I prefer using a laptop, because I like the portability aspect. Plus, it's convenient and useful for me as a student.

Although laptops aren't as cheap as desktop PCs, spec for spec wise, they are getting cheaper and cheaper, and increasing demand will help to see further price decreases.

That's a good point. Desktop sales have been flat for years now and are even beginning to decline, while laptop sales are growing immensely. That's part of why laptops have become so much less expensive over the past 5 years or so: increased demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom