Logitech G5 or MX518??? Its not easy choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the G5 with the 2 buttons is better than the MX518 (which is what I use), but I don't feel it's worth 20 dollars more. The changeable weights in the G5 is overrated, since you usually end up sticking with the same number of weights, and once you get used the MX518's weight, it's just the same IMO. The tilt-able wheel is a nice perk but is not much of a feature.

No real reason to spend an extra 20 bucks when the MX518 is so close.

Well the G5 with the 2 buttons is better than the MX518 (which is what I use), but I don't feel it's worth 20 dollars more. The changeable weights in the G5 is overrated, since you usually end up sticking with the same number of weights, and once you get used the MX518's weight, it's just the same IMO. The tilt-able wheel is a nice perk but is not much of a feature.

the extra $20 is small when you consider the fact that you only have to pay for the mouse once. Once it's yours, it's yours.

btw off-topic but i added u on xfire beefcake :)

i highly recommend the second gen g5, because it has the 2 sides thumb buttons, if u don't want them get the mx518, but plz don't get the reg g5 when the mx518 does the same thing (but it does have less DPI support)

The difference between the MX518 and G5 is small
That's subjective.
Having used both of the mice, I think the difference is big enough to warrant the $20 price difference.

why spend 50% more?
Because it's a better mouse.

There may be a 50% difference, but in actual monetary value, it's $20.

When the monetary value of items is low, even a high percentage difference can be not all that much in dollar amount.

Imo the new g5 is alot better than it may seem, its got the little nifty display for dpi, new grip, the extra button. And if the mouse is durable yes, your really only gonna pay for it once and it should last, i mean come on it's logitech.

That's subjective.
Having used both of the mice, I think the difference is big enough to warrant the $20 price difference.

Because it's a better mouse.

There may be a 50% difference, but in actual monetary value, it's $20.

When the monetary value of items is low, even a high percentage difference can be not all that much in dollar amount.

very good argument, i think i may pickup a g5 next year....

Imo the new g5 is alot better than it may seem, its got the little nifty display for dpi, new grip, the extra button. And if the mouse is durable yes, your really only gonna pay for it once and it should last, i mean come on it's logitech.
yes, the new grip is better IMO. And I have both versions of the G5.

So the masses say... the new g5

I think ill go with the newer one, even though i don't like the way it looks.
Are there any other colors beside that ugly blue lightning look??

I really like the way the mx518 looks.. that might just be the reason i get it

^_^

I went for the MX518, because of it's looks, and feel. It's one of the best mouse out there. Although I would like to try the new G5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom