DVD Burner and regular DVD drive recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm are the SATA versions faster? The gigabyte P35C-DSR3 should have SATA ports right just like for the HD?

That board has the most Sata ports of any board I have seen (8). Most have 4, a few have 6, but the 8 on that board is really impressive. Unfortunately that board doesnt have firewire, which I do use, but the 8 sata ports are awesome.

That board has the most Sata ports of any board I have seen (8). Most have 4, a few have 6, but the 8 on that board is really impressive. Unfortunately that board doesnt have firewire, which I do use, but the 8 sata ports are awesome.

Well crap this is just another hard decision in the 100 line of hard decisions I have to make. Do I go with the SATA DVD drive thats only 3 bucks more, but has gotten horrible reviews although its supposidly better? Anyone find a link for the Sony NEC Optiarc DVD burner drive thats SATA and OEM?

Well crap this is just another hard decision in the 100 line of hard decisions I have to make. Do I go with the SATA DVD drive thats only 3 bucks more, but has gotten horrible reviews although its supposidly better? Anyone find a link for the Sony NEC Optiarc DVD burner drive thats SATA and OEM?

Newegg.com - Sony NEC Optiarc Black 18X DVD+R 6X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 18X DVD±R DVD Burner, OEM Version - OEM

can anyone help me find a SATA Sony DVD-Rom drive? I found the DVD burner type but can't seem to find the DVD-Rom drive ( plan to get a DVD burner and regular DVD-Rom drive as well )

so anyone have the final word? is SATA drives better then the Atapi/IDE crap?

well its up to you. obvoiusly theres not going to be any performace difference. i myself like sata better because ide is anoying to get around when you have rounded cables. and if they are not rounded then u have big airflow problems. so i would like sata better.then other thing u could consider is the amount of sata power cables u have with ur psu. if u already have a spare molex lying around in ur case then an ide would take it up while with a sata i need sata power cord. but asuming ur gonna have sata HD there should be no prob with the power.

well its up to you. obvoiusly theres not going to be any performace difference. i myself like sata better because ide is anoying to get around when you have rounded cables. and if they are not rounded then u have big airflow problems. so i would like sata better.then other thing u could consider is the amount of sata power cables u have with ur psu. if u already have a spare molex lying around in ur case then an ide would take it up while with a sata i need sata power cord. but asuming ur gonna have sata HD there should be no prob with the power.

correct, sata wires create better airflow in the case, which is why ppl are into SATA for everything

so the guy who said SATA was slightly faster performance wise is wrong?

yes.. there is no performance increase at all. a ide seagate 7200rpm will have same stats as a sata seagate 7200rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom