Can't install CPU FAN!! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonoz

In Runtime
I bought a new cpu fan for my computer. I got the correct socket. I got the AC Freezer 64 pro.

It's big. So big in fact that the fan is right next to my videocard. When I say right next I mean there isn't even but a few millimeters there.

Ok, the other thing is that I can't get it to clip down. I don't konw what to do. There are some capacitors that might be hindering it.

What should I do now? any hints trips tricks?

thanks.

What's ur mobo? so's i cn see the layout. or you could take a pic and post it, which would probably be more helpful.

It looks like you just snap it on since the sides have like some locks to it? By locks, I mean a block where you push the fan down onto the motherboard and you hear a click.

Hello,

I've ran into a problem like this before. Get a torch a have a good look around all the sides to see if anything is stopping the heatsink from being locked into position.

If you can't get good views, the best thing to do (although tedious) is to unplug everything from the motherboard, unscrew it, and remove it from the case, then try mounting the heatsink onto the motherboard. That way you can get a good view of all the sides and see if anything is in the way.

So I had an idea I tried to switch the direction of my fan. On the instructions it said put it on so that the air is flown so that it can be taken out by the outtake fans. I did that but the fan was so close to the video card it was actually touching it.

So I tried to rotate it 180 degrees and now it's the other way around. It seems to look better this way and not at all close to the videocard. But wouldn't the hot air from the heatsink make the video card be even hotter?

Also, the little lever is in such a tight place I can't access it. Will I have to take everything out?

How do you add pics here?

Hello,

To include pictures in your post you can upload the image online somewhere (you can upload them at http://www.imageshack.us for free) then enclose the image url in
tags in your post.

Alternatively you can attach them to your post by clicking 'Manage Attachments' in additional options when creating a post in advanced mode.

If he rotates it 180 degrees, and the fan is pointing upwards, wouldn't that be bad? Unless he has a fan on the top of his tower, then the air can be exhaust through there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom