6800 Sli?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a little lost with the logic of this post, the whole idea of that thing is to have two identical graphics cards, one produces the top half of the screen and one does the bottom half. I dont see why Nvidia would give/offer ATI support.

rofl.. i think that was a typo andrew.. but either way, I trust nvidia already knows the complications of sli.. no one is going to buy it.. I mean you'd have to spend over 1k just to get it working.. while ati while have their cards sitting in the background making all of the money you know... So nvidia can take the chance at doing this, which could either make 'em a winner or make them loose a lot of money..

sounds like a great concept if they can perfect it to be reliable and to work with all of the NVidia cards instead of just the 500$ top end card

that way you can buy 2 mediocre cards and dominate the top end card

or just buy the top end...and then later upgrade by buying a 2nd.

I'm interested to see how this comes out

This is bullshit considering the only other card to do it is the vodoo :( and no ones going to spend 1000 to get something that you have to spend a day doing, so no this is dumb :)

WQ87 said:
I think alienware offers it in their $5000 ALX systems.

Yeah, Alienware started Nvidia on the SLi path:confused:

The Alienware can use either ATi or Nvidia, so it shouldn't be too much trouble for ATi to come up with such a system if it gets big:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom