Upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGreen92086

In Runtime
Okay I've been looking on newegg and reading reviews and these look good as a starting point for an upgrade. Let me know if you would change anything or find something as good/better cheaper.

Motherboard - ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX
Processor - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2
Ram - Patriot eXtreme Performance 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel

I still want to use my eVGA 6800GT for a while. I'm also going to continue using my Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823A and 2 Lite-On Opticals which should be possible, right?

Later on I will probably upgrade from my 6800GT to a 8800GTX and then around Feb get another 8800GTX. Do you guys think everything will fit nicely without problems?

I feel like I'm missing something.

Yeah what onlycurious said. Unless you care what brand you get, get an intel chip.

Also, i wouldnt really bother about getting SLI 8800GTXs in feb as the 9 series will probably be out then...

Well yes the C2Ds are better at overclocking, but they are newer architecture. I think you should be able to get a better intel chip for the same price after the 22nd (although im not sure if newegg has the prices after the cut yet?).

Oh and yeah Vista has DX10 - any vista.

Which processor would you recommend buying? You can hold off until the price cut to answer, I'm not ordering for atleast a few weeks. I just like to get a heads up on things in advance.

Meat: I looked at Tomshardware just now and saw a E6700 and x2 6000+ comparison and the E6700 was slightly better overall with less power consumption.

Which processor would you recommend buying? You an hold off until the price cut to answer, I'm not ordering for atleast a few weeks. I just like to get a heads up on things in advance.

Get the e6750, it's not out yet, it will be out tomorrow. But yes, depending on the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom