Choice - Monitor of GPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

meat_helmet

Daemon Poster
Well i have a bit more cash to spend before i go back to university (and then im broke again...) so i have the choice, the way i see it, of choosing either a new monitor or a new graphics card. The two choices i see are:

Nvidia 8800GTS

or

Viewsonic 22inch 2ms: ViewSonic: Products: Desktop Displays: LCD Displays: X Series: VX2235wm

I know there are better screens out there, but for the price (bearing in mind im in australia) it seems a pretty good at $385. The 8800GTS im looking at is $383. On one hand my 7900GT is starting to struggle with newer games at max res, and on the other hand my 2 mitsubishi 17inch screens are still nice, but have a 12ms response time.

Im not planning to spend any more that this so the question is, which do you think would be a better for me, bearing in mind i plat games a fair bit, and use graphics software (CAD, 3D, Photoshop)?

EDIT: Sorry the title should be 'Choice - Monitor OR GPU?'

In about six months, the monitor will probably cost the SAME, while the graphics card will cost LESS. More bang for the buck if you look at it that way if you get the monitor. But looks like you already have 2LCD monitors... so get the 8800gts

i would recommend samsung for the richer blood ppl for monitors and Hanns-g for the value brands

if i were u i would prob save the money and wait. screen is always good but if ur having trouble maxed now,a bigger monitor isnt gonna help. i would go with the g card as it will help u game out for a whil but really i would save it.

yeah i agree with baron, saving would be the best option but if ur getting one or he other then gpu for sure

there was a gfx upgrade choice??

screw what i said b4, upgrade to a 9 series when it comes otu :0

there was a gfx upgrade choice??

screw what i said b4, upgrade to a 9 series when it comes otu :0

with the way prices are looking its gonna be too much to spend. its still 1100+ here for a xfx ultra a 9 series gonna hurt ur pocket big time. and u wait then sumthin else will be cuming out ne way. with pc's theres no such thing as waiting for sumtihn new coz by then wat u gettin is soon to be old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom