Temperature question

Status
Not open for further replies.

blyver

Baseband Member
I just built my new computer and I want to make sure my temperatures are alright. I'm running a Core 2 Duo E6750 with Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 in a Cooler Master Centurion 534 case. I ran coretemp and my readings when idle are:

Tjunction: 85C
Core #0 - 30C
Core #1 - 28C

Are these readings normal? I have the case open right now, so assume a few degrees higher when everything is closed up. Also, I have no idea what Tjunction is, could someone shed some light on that?

Hello,

You're using the CoreTemp program.

'Tjunction' is the maximum tolerable temperature at the junction between the CPU die (the square / rectangular piece of silicon where the Intergrated Circuit is) and the Printed Circuit Board. It's a defined value and not a temperature reading (not a variable value). It's best to ignore this.

The CPU Core temperatures are of your main concern. They are very good readings.

Your Core temps are fine. Actually it's pretty good, and I think you should close up your case unless you're using a fan you got from Home Depot or something and it's cooling your system, then I guess that's fine.

Awesome, thanks for your responses. Well I guess I'll go ahead and try to overclock then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom