Logitech G5 or MX518??? Its not easy choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Ok im buying a keyboard and mouse

I'm buying a saitek eclipse for my keyboard, but for the mouse im stuck between two logitech mouses.

Logitech MX518 The MX518 has a couple extra buttons and i love the way it looks.

Logitech G5 The G5 provides more dpi and comes with adjustable weights.

Tough call, which would you choose?

I would go with the MX518. The extra buttons is a nice addition and its a tad bit cheaper with better reviews. But, it's a personal decision.

as san mentioned, there is a G5 with two side buttons ( which addresses the main weakness that the previous G5 had, a really bad decision move by logitech, but many people with fat thumbs complained they would hit the second side button by accident with the MX518 ). However the MX-518 and G5 feel significantly different, the G5 uses an anti-grease rubber material that feels like a bottom of a rubber boot. I for one don't really like it compared to the smooth plastic feel of the MX-518, my advice is to try both out at a store and take whichone u think feels better.

I would go with the mx518....i like how it has a smoother feel then the G5, and also, 1600 and 2000 DPI is not much difference, especially when you can turn up the sensitivity in pretty much every game. MX518 FTW!!!

MX518, I like the two side buttons, you use them in games with crouch and prone, and you go from either postion really fast. And when you add jumping into the mix (BF2 :D) you are like impossible to hit.

MX518, I like the two side buttons, you use them in games with crouch and prone, and you go from either postion really fast. And when you add jumping into the mix (BF2 :D) you are like impossible to hit.
the G5 2007 has two side-buttons aswell.
Plus it uses a laser, at 2000DPI
and adjustable weight
and adjustable sensitivity between 5 levels (or 3 without installing software)

My brother has a G5 and I don't really like the way it feels in my hand, but thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom