Free and easy-to-use C compiler for Vista, and does Visual C++ Express work with C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanwest

In Runtime
I want to do C and I have Vista I tried lccwin32 and turbo c both had problems too complicated for me. I have downloaded Visual C++ Express.

Years ago I knew C and wrote some programs on it(back when I had 98SE) and now I need it again and to prime myself on it again since I forgotten it. But I'm finding it hard to find a compiler.

Re: Free and easy-to-use C compiler for Vista, and does Visual C++ Express work with

Yes Visual C++ and the express version both work on Vista. I have them installed myself on my Vista Ultimate 32 Bit.

Re: Free and easy-to-use C compiler for Vista, and does Visual C++ Express work with

No i meant can it compile C as well as C++?

Do you mean C#?

Visual C++ Developer Center

Check there for all info pertaining to Visual C++. See if that holds your answer.

So c++ compilers can compile C code?

I dont see why not. They are all based off the C language right? Would C++ just be C with some extras? So why wouldnt a C++ compiler work as a C compiler as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom