best bang for the buck video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see, so it's performance increase (or in this case lack of) doesn't justify paying the price increase.
Since you have a 19" LCD, it probably supports a maximum of 1280x1024 or 1440x900, get the 8800gts 320mb, both versions of the card will perform the same on that resolution, heck the 320mb might even come out better

actually, I don't have a 19" any more that was my old rig. I need to edit. I am planning to get either a 22" or a 24" thanks a lot guys. I might consider the 8800 GTX. Instead of the 8800 GTS

say no to the 8800gts 640mb, its not worth it, it's been proven in some games that it loses to the 320mb or wins by 1 or 2 fps.... not worth it!!

X1950XT, unless you think you HAVE to have DX10. I am running XP, so DX10 is none of my worry. The card is a beast with graphics, though, plus you can Fold with it.

X1950XT, unless you think you HAVE to have DX10. I am running XP, so DX10 is none of my worry. The card is a beast with graphics, though, plus you can Fold with it.

meh true.... x1950xt for those who wanna wait for the better dx 10 cards

yeah it would be smarter to wait a little to buy a dx10 graphics card when they're are actually dx10 games.. by that time the cards will be cheaper and better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom