Windows Dreamscene

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
yo, I had my Vista ultimate delivered to my sister's house....
I have dialup, she has broadband...want to dl dreamscene...

anybody know how big a dl that would be? thinking of lugging my desktop over there just to do the install there ;)

while i'm at it...anybody know of some cool extras, free/official MS/or non MS I could load up on that just for pure aesthetic enjoyment?

e6600
2gb ram
320 gb hd (also 500gb ext drive)
512 ati 1800

thanks folks

(btw - i'll be loading it up with full legit Office 2k7 :p)

if i remember the dl was well over 50mb, nothing really special just the default vista theme that moves. Nothing else unless you buy;) tuneup utilities 2007 and you dl the vista themes they are a bit better than aero glass but if your just going for looks then try it.

dialup...how it haunts and teases me with it's sensuously slow speeds ;)

i think a dl like that takes me a half day or something...dialup of course :p

have ultimate so might as well get the freebies right? I want to try out the silverlight dreamscene...purely curious

I sauntered on over stardocks site too...dl'd that earlier as well ;) Now I just glanced at that site...but most if not all the scenes you have to purchase right? Just those 3 that they threw with MS are freebies?

good stuff...and I think I like the starlight one best...subdued and sexy

EDIT: went back to the site, now can't tell if they are all free, lol :p

The "Premium" ones are the ones you have to buy, the rest are free. Juice Daddy has some on there.

They are free...but if you dont have a account thru them you can only download up to 20MB. Then they will ask you to purchase a subscription thru them to download more. That is where they get you. ;)

Just don't sign up. Download what you want, clear cookies before you go back, and you're back at zero.

True but some times that dont work. Unless with the new look they dont log IP's like they used to.

I'm a member, but I used to download from there anyway. I clean my cookies fairly frequently, and my count was always set back to nada.

I mainly go there for wallpapers and WB themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom