Help me identify the temps in Speedfan-Pic included

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used a piece of paper, which is how I discovered my side fan blowing out. I confirmed the front is blowing in and the rear is blowing out using the paper. I didn't think about configuring Speefan to my mobo. I just thought it was progammed to check.

I will also try coretemp to see how it compares. ALT+Print Screen: Thanks for the tip. That makes it much easier for sizing it to fit in a forum post. Question: Does that work when in the BIOS, because I couldn't get print screen to capture? Thanks everyone for the responses.

I used a piece of paper, which is how I discovered my side fan blowing out. I confirmed the front is blowing in and the rear is blowing out using the paper. I didn't think about configuring Speefan to my mobo. I just thought it was progammed to check.

I will also try coretemp to see how it compares. ALT+Print Screen: Thanks for the tip. That makes it much easier for sizing it to fit in a forum post. Question: Does that work when in the BIOS, because I couldn't get print screen to capture? Thanks everyone for the responses.

You have to use a camera to take pictures of the BIOS.

yea, print screen seems to be a windows thing. won't work outside of windows.... kinda annoying. Sora told me that he never heard CoreTemp being used outside of a C2D, so it might not work as well on the Athlon. I tried it on mine and it was close, but always about 4-5c above speedfan's readings.

Did the configuration help? you can download them from speedfans' website. (just go to the configure tab and then push the get configure link)

I'm sitting at work right now, so I can't configure and test. I work 12hrs on Sat and Sun, sux. It's my first priority when I get home. It would be nice to monitor temp while orthos or prime95 is running.

I'm sitting at work right now, so I can't configure and test. I work 12hrs on Sat and Sun, sux. It's my first priority when I get home. It would be nice to monitor temp while orthos or prime95 is running.

Yea, I used to work 4 hrs on sunday... wasn't any fun... but I needed the money..

Anyway, speedfan keeps a log/graph of the temps. I leave it running in my sys-tool and I can track my temps after running games and such to see how they are running my temps up.

the Orthos I have runs on screen and I can have speedfan up right next to it, so I can track temps? don't know why you wouldn't be able to.

...the Orthos I have runs on screen and I can have speedfan up right next to it, so I can track temps? don't know why you wouldn't be able to.

Once I get Speedfan configured to my mobo and it hopefully reports accurate temps, I will be able to run it side by side. It's just that right now, the only place I can get accurate readings is in BIOS.

It was a long day. I checked but unfortunately Speedfan does not have XFX motherboard configurations for download. So, I downloaded Coretemp and it says my cpu is running at 10*c ?!?

It was a long day. I checked but unfortunately Speedfan does not have XFX motherboard configurations for download. So, I downloaded Coretemp and it says my cpu is running at 10*c ?!?
]

Well, that doesn't seem to work... try everest and maybe CPU-z, I don't know of CPU-Z does temps, haven't used it yet. But I guess the only other thing would be to get a header that sits in your 5.25 or 3.5 drive slots that reads the temps from the MB.

Looking back at the initial picture, that temp 1 sure seems like that is more likely the CPU temp. In speedfans FAQ, it says how to manually configure the program to use the right sensor. Basically the titles you can change at will, so most likely it just says CPU when it really isn't. Idle for a while, get a good feel for what each one is at, then run Orthos or something else that will let you run the CPU up to 100% for a while, see which temp rises the fastest, this is most likely your CPU temps.

Thats a basic summary of what it says in the FAQ.

my conclusion is, your mobo's sensor is just a bith and most programes arent compatible with it.id say check your BIOS for a temp and if its seems pretty normal for idle then leave it, i doubt its to hot if you dont overclock and have 2 case fans should be ok.

BTW if my response is a bit ****, its really late here and .. well im lazy n tired.

ALSO how much thermal paste did you apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom