will better video card speed up video performance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend had a radeon 9800 128mb laying around, I installed it....works a little better.

but I have decided I want to get a pretty good viedo card.... what is out there at least 320mb or bigger? are they worth getting over a 256 ?

I HATE video lag !

my friend had a radeon 9800 128mb laying around, I installed it....works a little better.

but I have decided I want to get a pretty good viedo card.... what is out there at least 320mb or bigger? are they worth getting over a 256 ?

I HATE video lag !
With AGP? you don't have a lot of options past the Nvidia 7 series.

And you won't notice a difference between a 256MB card and a 512MB card, unless the GPU is also more powerful.

if he has video performance, that like with light gaming, a geforce 8500 or 8600 series might no because it has that purevideo2 engine that uses less CPU consumption.....

but its not in AGP yet, and the VRAM (apok) matters very little, PC RAM is vital :), the GPU is more powerful

so what is a the "GPU" and how much of it is a minimun when looking for a decent video card ?

yes I'm using an AGP slot...

so what is a the "GPU" and how much of it is a minimun when looking for a decent video card ?

yes I'm using an AGP slot...

GPU = graphics processing unit/ GFX/ Graphics card/ Video Card

um decent ones cost around 100$ i mean, the 7600gt is an awesome mid-range card, those are around 100$ i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom