Is windows vista stable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biz_me

Solid State Member
i have heard that windows vista is very unstable especially in the network areas. Is it true?

I intend to get a new laptop but most of them are vista recommend.

Anybody comment on this question?

Hello,

I have Vista on my current HP Compaq NX7300 notebook and it's been running perfectly fine. No problems whatsoever. I use the integrated Broadcom WLAN adapter on my notebook to connect to variosus Wi-Fi networks and it's all good.

Chances are you'll run into less problems using new laptops that are pre-installed with Vista.

Oh realli.. Ok thanks... But why so many people said that XP is better than vista? LOL...

Because at its launch, it was somewhat of a mess.

Although Vista will get better with time. Ive had it for a few months now.. Ive settled my qualms with it and now I'm fine with it.

In fact I've now grown accustomed to its networking stuff.... to the point that I have trouble navigating in XP just to get to the IP or other type of things.

Vista is fine with me, and sooner or later, people will have to change to it.

My dad used to run Vista on his Laptop. He didn't like how it performs, or that there were problems running some of his programs, so he asked me to install XP on it for him.

It runs much faster with XP, and there aren't any issues with program compatibility with it.

It has a Turion 64 X2 1.6GHZ, with 1GB RAM and a Geforce 6150.

My dad used to run Vista on his Laptop. He didn't like how it performs, or that there were problems running some of his programs, so he asked me to install XP on it for him.

It runs much faster with XP, and there aren't any issues with program compatibility with it.

It has a Turion 64 X2 1.6GHZ, with 1GB RAM and a Geforce 6150.

Well that's probably why he had some problems with Vista, the 1GB of RAM. That might be fine for Vista Basic, and you're not a big multi-tasker. But any other version and you're probably going to want 2GB. I just bought my brand new laptop yesterday and it came with 2GB and Vista Premium.

I've also heard that Vista will be coming out with the first service pack some time soon, solving some issue that people might be having, is this true? Either way, Vista will be fine once service packs are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom