AMD 2400 Processor Needs More Memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theone_trent

Baseband Member
I have an amd athlon 2400 processor with only 224 MB of memory on it... I need more memory! Can anyone tell me which memory stick I need to buy, or at least point me in the right direction?

What kind of motherboard you got... and are you running windows 2000??

Are you using your comp for general purposes? Web browsing and stuff?

I'm not sure what kind of motherboard I have, but I have an XP.

I'm using general purposes now, but I'm wanting to buy World of Warcraft and play it. My brother-in-law and sister got me hooked on it and I want to be able to play it on my computer.

My wife's comp has a 2000+ and can use those. So long as they are DDR you should be fine.

I doubt your mobo will be able to use them at full speed, though. It will just downclock them to its maximum... they will still work.

Oh, I popped a stick of gig in her computer. No worries.

Are you sure it's not PC2100 for my computer? My brother-in-law said that I should get a PC2100, but I wanted a second opinion before I did get one.

PC2100 is probably what it has. you can use faster DDR RAM, but it will only run at 2100 speed. DDR400 is usually cheaper than PC2100.

you can use Crucials scanner and find out what memory type you have, and alternatives to update. Is a great way to see what you need, but their prices are a bit high. look and then search elsewhere.

Memory upgrades from Crucial.com - Determine My Memory Needs

That is a beautiful site lol, I didnt know my laptop could take pc4200 X]

ANd heres this Newegg.com - CORSAIR ValueSelect 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 266 (PC 2100) Desktop Memory - Retail

its a few bucks cheaper than the kingston set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom