can someone help me build a $1400 RIG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirius_GTO

In Runtime
You can just deduct $280 from that for the Q6600.

So $1120 for case, fan, heatsink, cooling, mobo (support 45nm architecture), hdd, memory, video card, dvd RW, and such?

thanks! I really need your guys help!

for one, get the p35-ds3r mobo <<<< MUST GET THIS, everyone agrees, right?? LOL
gskill hz's
8800gts
and rest is up to you

edit: everyone's budget is huge.... $1400 can get you pretty much best of everything w/o overdoing it like a uneducated ret@rd... LOL

why would you recommend the p35-ds3r? is it a wireless MOBO? thanks

No it's not a wireless mobo, LOL, I was actually looking for a wifi mobo too, but realized it was just something extra that didn't really matter. I would recommend p35-ds3r because it overclocks VERY WELL, from what I have read from articles AND from people experimenting with them on this forum...

for HDD, get a seagate 7200.10's or a samsung... can't go wrong with those... get a corsair 520's or xclio greatpower 550w for your PSU... sony/samsung/lite-on DVD burner.... SAMSUNG monitor, nothing else... and now the rest is up to you... haha

I heard seagates were really loud HDDs, is this true?

Would you say that it's a waste of money to jump from 7200RPM to 10K? 15K?

Is the Q6600 a good choice? Should I wait for the G0 revision? Will it be more expensive? What about other choices like the E6650, E6750, or E6850?

sorry I'm asking so many questions, I'm just looking to make this my last purchase for years to come.

btw, that mobo cannot run sli because I only see one PCI express, is that correct?

p.s., thanks a lot for helping me on both threads.

I heard seagates were really loud HDDs, is this true?

Would you say that it's a waste of money to jump from 7200RPM to 10K? 15K?

Is the Q6600 a good choice? Should I wait for the G0 revision? Will it be more expensive? What about other choices like the E6650, E6750, or E6850?

sorry I'm asking so many questions, I'm just looking to make this my last purchase for years to come.

btw, that mobo cannot run sli because I only see one PCI express, is that correct?

p.s., thanks a lot for helping me on both threads.

If you are worried about HDD noise, get the Samsung, I think Samsungs are one of the most silent HDD's.

YES, the 10k rpm HDD are a waste, don't even think about buying those unless you just want to waste money.

What will you be doing on your computer? If it's gaming, go with E6750 and overclock it(with the p35ds3r, you can always upgrade to the Penryns later), like I will be doing. If you want future proofing, and you DON'T want to upgrade for a long time, then go with the Q6600 and overclock it. I heard G0 stepping was supposed to be on the Q6600.. but I'm not sure.

SLI, not sure about that, I think I read it couldn't do CF, so maybe it goes the same for SLI. Why would you SLI?? I think it's a waste. Not that much of an improvement in performance for 100% of the cost. I'd save my money.

No problem, a lot people helped me on this forum, just trying to return the favor. :)

No, the DS3R can't run SLI, but it can crossfire. The E6550 and E6750 are just cheaper and dual core processors instead of quad core, it's all up to you. I think all HDDs are pretty much the same, just get one with perpendicular recording

The P35-DS3R only has one PCI-E slot. That is all you need since it is a complete waste of money to run SLI or crossfire, more then likely by the time you would want to run SLI you would be better off just getting a whole new card. And yes the DS3 is supposed to be the best for OCing. And if you want better HD performance just do a raid0 with two 7200 drives, and if you want it to be quiet get the samsung spinpoint. And onlycurious is right in regards to the processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom