AMD turns in $600 million loss for Q2 financial year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious? AMD dropped their prices so much that they're barely getting any margin on them anymore. What more do you expect?

Anyway, talk about extreme exaggeration. AMD's K8 processors are still nowhere near as behind as people try to pretend they are.

I apologize if I sounded too harsh, but that guys words of "Stick with AMD no matter what" is the kind of ignorance/stupidity companies rely on. AMD K8 processors are significantly behind in terms of value, heck you can get a cheap e6600 and overclock it to ridiculous levels. All core 2 duos have great overclockability which increases their value even further then AMD K8 processors.

PS: I never want AMD or ATI to be eliminated of course, since if that happened Intel and nvidia products will suddenly turn into over priced crap :)

I apologize if I sounded too harsh, but that guys words of "Stick with AMD no matter what" is the kind of ignorance/stupidity companies rely on. AMD K8 processors are significantly behind in terms of value, heck you can get a cheap e6600 and overclock it to ridiculous levels. All core 2 duos have great overclockability which increases their value even further then AMD K8 processors.
you can also do what I did and get a cheap 6000+, and overclock it to 3.4GHZ. Even compared to a 3GHZ C2D, it's no slouch.

you can also do what I did and get a cheap 6000+, and overclock it to 3.4GHZ. Even compared to a 3GHZ C2D, it's no slouch.

yeah well when I looked at all the benchmarks and such it appears that the core 2 duos archetecture or however it handles the processes seem to be superior because despite the lower clocks and such, they still have way higher performance in games and applications.

yeah well when I looked at all the benchmarks and such it appears that the core 2 duos archetecture or however it handles the processes seem to be superior because despite the lower clocks and such, they still have way higher performance in games and applications.
Eh, I wouldn't say it's way higher. games will get maybe about 10-20% at most for a 3GHZ C2D vs my 3.4GHZ 6000+

I have broken 10,200 in 3dmark06 with my 6000+ and a single 8800 GTS 320MB card

Eh, I wouldn't say it's way higher. games will get maybe about 10-20% at most for a 3GHZ C2D vs my 3.4GHZ 6000+

I have broken 10,200 in 3dmark06 with my 6000+ and a single 8800 GTS 320MB card

well I'm sure theres many other reasons...I mean so many avid AMD lovers are going core 2 duos for their new builds and no one seems to really be waiting for the new AMD processors and instead waiting for the new penryn core 2 duos processors.

correct its just called something different, HyperTransport Bus

HT isnt an FSB technically AMD boards don't have an FSB or Northbridge like standard x86 machines have had. Intel still uses the age old FSB system that IS slower than AMDs. thing is we arent pushing enough data down the pipes yet to over load the FSB on intel boards so the advantgae is lost. I think that in the next few years the fsb bottle neck will become a big issue though if Intel doesn't change it. But for the here and now it makes little difference.

well I'm sure theres many other reasons...I mean so many avid AMD lovers are going core 2 duos for their new builds and no one seems to really be waiting for the new AMD processors and instead waiting for the new penryn core 2 duos processors.
well I'm waiting for the K10's.

I'll be looking forward to the Agena quad core's in AM2+ (which I can use in my current AM2 board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom