Finished putting my system together, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinitex

Solid State Member
asus PK5 motherboard
Q6600 cpu
8800 gtx
700 Watt XVS Modular PSU

On my first bootup nothing really happened. I hit the power everything powers on, all fans, hdds, vid card fan, etc... However I hear no loading sounds ever, and nothing ever appears on my screen it cant find a signal. Tried numerous times after and still no go.

I took everything out, all the ram, and left only the power to the mother board. Booted it up and didn't get a single beep. The only time I ever got a beep was when I would flip the switch on the power supply to shut it down it would give one quick beep thats it.

Is my motherboard DOA? any real way of testing?

Did you plug in the 4-pin CPU power cable? the video card power cable? cables to the drive? Pictures?

AC INPUT 115V/230V - 60/50Hz
DC OUTPUT +3.3V +5V +12V -12V -5V +5VSB
Watts...........30A 32A 40A 0.6A 0.6A 2A
700W

Is that enough power efficiency for the hardware im running?

so then my mobo is dead because shouldnt it be beeping like crazy with all that hardware missing?

Anyone know of any other methods I can use to test if my mobo is truely dead? Oh and if my cpu is dead would that prevent the motherboard getting into bios or booting at all?

Why would your motherboard be dead? Unless you didn't touch metal or worked on a surface that is like hard-wood or tiles, then you're screwed. Static + Motherboard = Fried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom