WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have a keyboard that I'll reuse... but for the mouse I just bought a cheap Logitech optical mouse, it was about $30.

Bah well if you bought such a decent gaming machine, and theres ANY advice I can give you, its dish out the extra 40-50 bucks to buy a gaming grade mouse at the very least. I highly recommend the MX-518 ( best mouse in the WORLD in my opinion ) or the newest model the Logitech G5. Once you use these gaming mouses regularly you will be UTTERLY amazed at how you ever used regular crappy mouses before them. I went one step further and got the G11 gaming grade keyboard, all very happy with my choices. I mean your input to the computer should be just as important as the computers output ( monitor ) and the computers hardware to do the output ( gpu mainly ).

Also note, the mouse and keyboard should last you at the very least 5 years so its a good investment. Most people on these forums go the really crappy route and buy some 5 dollar keyboard and mouse, something I cannot even concieve of doing.

Bah well if you bought such a decent gaming machine, and theres ANY advice I can give you, its dish out the extra 40-50 bucks to buy a gaming grade mouse at the very least. I highly recommend the MX-518 ( best mouse in the WORLD in my opinion ) or the newest model the Logitech G5. Once you use these gaming mouses regularly you will be UTTERLY amazed at how you ever used regular crappy mouses before them. I went one step further and got the G11 gaming grade keyboard, all very happy with my choices. I mean your input to the computer should be just as important as the computers output ( monitor ) and the computers hardware to do the output ( gpu mainly ).

Also note, the mouse and keyboard should last you at the very least 5 years so its a good investment. Most people on these forums go the really crappy route and buy some 5 dollar keyboard and mouse, something I cannot even concieve of doing.

sry, but whats with the hype of the gaming mice, are they good with them fo shizzle' cuz i play a lot of FPS's like Halo, Crysis (when it comes out) and mass amounts of Soldier Front

sry, but whats with the hype of the gaming mice, are they good with them fo shizzle' cuz i play a lot of FPS's like Halo, Crysis (when it comes out) and mass amounts of Soldier Front

Its really something undescribable, but definately the feel for the mouse is a HUGE factor. Comfort is everything since your hand will be on the mouse while you use your computer ( unless ahem...your looking at certain questionable things on the internet ). Anyways heres a quick run down of the MX-518 features:

-Optical ( the G5 is laser which is apparently somewhat superior )
-has its own MX engine which allows it to change sensitivity ( DPI on the spot, the MX-518 can do 1600 dpi while the G5 can do like 2000 dpi or something like that, this translates too accurate mouse movements when you move it fast, lesser mouses jam up or stop moving if u move it fast or jerk it ( had this problem with my regular logitech optical mouse ). The hardware built in MX engine also allows you to change teh sensitivity on the fly with a push of a button without any drivers installed even!
-Has 2 additional buttons on the side for increased versitility ( like going prone in BF2 or switching to nade in CS source are great for the side buttons not to mention internet scrolling )
-Can attach sounds to your mouse functions ( I have the super mario bros wav mushroom up and down to my changes of sensitivity, the G5 now has a DPI display on it )
-Durable feet last something like 100k miles or something like that I dunno have to read the back of the box or go visit their website, they also have huged sized feet for the G5
-The G5s wire is actually cloth made to resist bends and wear and tear
-The G5 is made of some kind of weird rubber material that is supposed to counter grease and your hand slipping
-The G5 has a slot tray inside so you can put provided gram weights to change the weight to your liking
-crazy paint job on both the G5 and MX-518, but the MX-518s paint job is a real prize winner in my opinion, theres also cordless versions of each mice, but I don't recommend cordless for gameplay reasons

anyone who has a G5 or MX 518 or any other high end mouse ( diamondback series ) will recommend them HIGHLY over any regular mouse, I'm sure of it

thats all I can think of for now, visit logitech.com for more details, please note the MX-518 and G5 are specifically made for right handed people only, if u need left handed look into the diamondback series which are ambidextrous

Its really something undescribable, but definately the feel for the mouse is a HUGE factor. Comfort is everything since your hand will be on the mouse while you use your computer ( unless ahem...your looking at certain questionable things on the internet ). Anyways heres a quick run down of the MX-518 features:

-Optical ( the G5 is laser which is apparently somewhat superior )
-has its own MX engine which allows it to change sensitivity ( DPI on the spot, the MX-518 can do 1600 dpi while the G5 can do like 2000 dpi or something like that, this translates too accurate mouse movements when you move it fast, lesser mouses jam up or stop moving if u move it fast or jerk it ( had this problem with my regular logitech optical mouse ). The hardware built in MX engine also allows you to change teh sensitivity on the fly with a push of a button without any drivers installed even!
-Has 2 additional buttons on the side for increased versitility ( like going prone in BF2 or switching to nade in CS source are great for the side buttons not to mention internet scrolling )
-Can attach sounds to your mouse functions ( I have the super mario bros wav mushroom up and down to my changes of sensitivity, the G5 now has a DPI display on it )
-Durable feet last something like 100k miles or something like that I dunno have to read the back of the box or go visit their website, they also have huged sized feet for the G5
-The G5s wire is actually cloth made to resist bends and wear and tear
-The G5 is made of some kind of weird rubber material that is supposed to counter grease and your hand slipping
-The G5 has a slot tray inside so you can put provided gram weights to change the weight to your liking
-crazy paint job on both the G5 and MX-518, but the MX-518s paint job is a real prize winner in my opinion, theres also cordless versions of each mice, but I don't recommend cordless for gameplay reasons

anyone who has a G5 or MX 518 or any other high end mouse ( diamondback series ) will recommend them HIGHLY over any regular mouse, I'm sure of it

thats all I can think of for now, visit logitech.com for more details, please note the MX-518 and G5 are specifically made for right handed people only, if u need left handed look into the diamondback series which are ambidextrous

Dude, you made that whole thing sound like logitech is paying you lol. Nice description.

Dude, you made that whole thing sound like logitech is paying you lol. Nice description.

lol...yeah...I wasted like 3 minutes of my life typing that out...::sniff::, but I'm a HUGE fan of logitech computer accessories. In fact when i worked at Bestbuy as a teenager I would always recommend them highly to customers to the point where my manager inquired if I worked at Logitech or not, haha. All mouses and keyboards are NOT made equally...

Yeah logitech dominates in those areas...

I am buying a g11 keyboard and g7 mouse (i cant stand the cord) this weekend

So why would you suggest getting a g5 over a g7 (besides price)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom