Since MX-1 is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er this is getting confusing...

What I am meaning to ask, the AS5, AS7, and MX-1 and MX-2 are all thermal paste which means they ARE or ARE NOT sticky? I think of thermal grease as not sticky, and thermal adhesive as sticky. Also in my research I can't seem to find out the differance between the MX-1 and MX-2, and they even have the same MSRP on the website but the MX-2 is better? Can anyone shed some light on this?

MX-2 has been said to be a hair better than MX-1.

Thermal paste and grease, are the same thing. Just different way of saying them. Thermal adhesive is like tape, so yes it's sticky. So is thermal paste or grease.

MX-2 has been said to be a hair better than MX-1.

Thermal paste and grease, are the same thing. Just different way of saying them. Thermal adhesive is like tape, so yes it's sticky. So is thermal paste or grease.

What Im confused about is in the AS5 instructions, it says once you put the HSF on the cpu top surface which has the thermal grease on it, to then twist it 1 or 2 degrees clockwise and counterclock wise. But if its sticky, won't it prevent you from doing that?

OK it's more pasty then sticky. Don't worry you'll be able to twist the heatsink. The reason you do this, is to squeeze out all the air bubbles, to give better contact between, the heatsink and processor.

OK it's more pasty then sticky. Don't worry you'll be able to twist the heatsink. The reason you do this, is to squeeze out all the air bubbles, to give better contact between, the heatsink and processor.

I don't think I have the stomach to do all of this...I still have nightmares where things go horribly wrong and too much paste comes out or something and it spills all over the mobo and Im desperately trying to clean it up with alcohol and then the whole thing just doesn't end up working...this is all very stressing and more hassle then shopping for a car :(

Seriously man....theres nothing to worry about...just have confidence. If you don't, then that's where you'll mess up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom