WOOHOO July 22nd and I order my Finals parts for my new build!! Need Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Here is what I have so far:

Anything with an Asterisk(*) next to it means that I've purchased it, so it is my final decision.

*CoolerMaster Centurion 5
SamSung 20" LCD
Intel E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
Gigabyte p35-ds3r
*Patriot Extreme 2gb 4-4-4-12
*Sapphire X1950XT 256mb
*Samsung 500gb @ 7200
*PSU Xclio GreatPower 550W
*Sony DVD Burner
*Logitec X-230 2.1

I will be ordering the MOBO and CPU on Sunday (July 22). I'll probably go to Costco to pick up my Samsung monitor.

Is there ANYTHING else I might need to build this computer? I'm not too sure about all the parts being compatible... but I'm sure they'll all work. My only worry is that one of these products is DOA... I have most of the parts here and it's been a couple weeks and I haven't been able to test ANY of these (really worried).

Planning to put the CPU into mobo, then ram into mobo, then mobo into case, and go from there.... does the PSU go in the case before the mobo?

Any advice from PC builders would be greatly appreciated. :)

Here is what I have so far:

Anything with an Asterisk(*) next to it means that I've purchased it, so it is my final decision.

*CoolerMaster Centurion 5
SamSung 20" LCD
Intel E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
Gigabyte p35-ds3r
*Patriot Extreme 2gb 4-4-4-12
*Sapphire X1950XT 256mb
*Samsung 500gb @ 7200
*PSU Xclio GreatPower 550W
*Sony DVD Burner
*Logitec X-230 2.1

I will be ordering the MOBO and CPU on Sunday (July 22). I'll probably go to Costco to pick up my Samsung monitor.

Is there ANYTHING else I might need to build this computer? I'm not too sure about all the parts being compatible... but I'm sure they'll all work. My only worry is that one of these products is DOA... I have most of the parts here and it's been a couple weeks and I haven't been able to test ANY of these (really worried).

Planning to put the CPU into mobo, then ram into mobo, then mobo into case, and go from there.... does the PSU go in the case before the mobo?

Any advice from PC builders would be greatly appreciated. :)

What was your final build cost? I'm also getting the gigabyte p-35 Gigabyte p35-ds3r but the C version which was recommended as the best mobo to get by many sites because it is more future proof ( can support ddr3 and future quad core processors ) and only costs like 20 bucks more then the non C version, well worth it.

What was your final build cost? I'm also getting the gigabyte p-35 Gigabyte p35-ds3r but the C version which was recommended as the best mobo to get by many sites because it is more future proof ( can support ddr3 and future quad core processors ) and only costs like 20 bucks more then the non C version, well worth it.

I've calculated my final cost to be $1078 for EVERYTHING (including tax+shipping). I'm so glad I didn't buy from DELL,HP,etc... LOL

I heard p35C-ds3r has more ISSUES tho... so I'm going with p35-ds3r.

I've calculated my final cost to be $1078 for EVERYTHING (including tax+shipping). I'm so glad I didn't buy from DELL,HP,etc... LOL

I heard p35C-ds3r has more ISSUES tho... so I'm going with p35-ds3r.

I was thinking about that problem too, but almost every review I read recommended the p35C version over the regular, and since its only a measely 20 bucks more for future compatability...just can't beat that. My build costs less then 1500, I got a thermaltake armor case, 8800 gtx, 2 gigs of G.skill ddr800 pc6400 ram, the Gigabyte p35C-ds3r mobo, corsair 620 HX watt power supply, dvd drives and a seagate 7200.10 ( plan to get another to raid em in the future ), tuniq tower 120 for overclocked cooling, and a X-fi xtreme gamer sound card. Still can't got the processor yet, waiting for July 22nd, 90% sure ill get the q6600 instead of the e6750.

I was thinking about that problem too, but almost every review I read recommended the p35C version over the regular, and since its only a measely 20 bucks more for future compatability...just can't beat that. My build costs less then 1500, I got a thermaltake armor case, 8800 gtx, 2 gigs of G.skill ddr800 pc6400 ram, the Gigabyte p35C-ds3r mobo, corsair 620 HX watt power supply, dvd drives and a seagate 7200.10 ( plan to get another to raid em in the future ), tuniq tower 120 for overclocked cooling, and a X-fi xtreme gamer sound card. Still can't got the processor yet, waiting for July 22nd, 90% sure ill get the q6600 instead of the e6750.

Your build is what I was ORIGINALLY planning on building, but I figured I was being greedy and didn't need that kind of power... so I decided to save a couple hundred bucks, hope I don't regret it. LOL

Your build is what I was ORIGINALLY planning on building, but I figured I was being greedy and didn't need that kind of power... so I decided to save a couple hundred bucks, hope I don't regret it. LOL

u won't but u might wanna add a cooler for that x1950xt, its loud and hot from what i've heard, so consider picking up a Zalman VF900 for ur system, otherwise u got one heckuva a system :)

Well I have a job now after college so I figured I might treat myself to a little more then the usual gaming machine. I just hope the installation goes well, what I dread is the HSF install with the thermal grease...in fact...thats really the only thing I dread...

Well I have a job now after college so I figured I might treat myself to a little more then the usual gaming machine. I just hope the installation goes well, what I dread is the HSF install with the thermal grease...in fact...thats really the only thing I dread...

What was your degree in? (not sure if that made sense...) Or maybe I should say... what is your major?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom