Memory: Kingston 512MB(PC3200) DDRAM

NIC: Dlink 538TX 10/100 PCI

MOBO: Asus P4P800-Dlx i865PE,800FSB Dual DDR400

DVD Burner: LG GSA4082B DVDRW 8X +/- Black

DVD Rom: LG 16X DVD

Sound Card: Creative Audigy OEM

Speaker: Creative SBS350

Video Card: ATI Rdeon 9600XT 128M Box

Questions: (First time I am building the computer)
- About the case, I noticed that the PSU comes with the case, what about the fans? Do I need to buy the cooling or does it also come with the case?

- About the memory, the store does not have Corsair brand of ram, is Kingston my best choice next to Corsair? Or should I stick with Corsair and find it elsewhere?

- The MOBO supports up to 4GB of DDR400, is DDR400 = PC3200? Are they compatible?

- Since this is my first time building, I am wondering when I am actually building it, should I be wearing some kind of glove instead of bare hand? And what extra cables or tools do I need?

- Please advice me any hardware I should change in my list. And is 380 W of PSU enough for it?

i just recieved the exact same case and it is beautiful, and comes with a 120 mm fan in back, plus the one in the power supply, i'd see what your temps are with that then get another fan if needed

I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy cordless keyboard and/or mouse.
The cordless mouse is heavy and a pain to the wrists not to forget the frequent change of batteries. :mad:
Buy an optical mouse instead.

Buy an AMD ATHLON 3200+ and with the money U save U can buy better speakers. Creative SBS speakers s__ck. Atleast go for Creative Inspire.

If u can spend a little extra U can go for AMD64 solution.:D

I would not consider and amd for your first build you will be more then happy with 3.0. You setup looks fine. Everything is perfect I also just got that case and you dont need anything else with it. No special tools just a screwdriver and some zip ties and cutters for a little cable managment. The 380 watts psu is more then suffiicent. You can work with your bare hands fine, make sure that the computer is never plugged in and the psu is switched off.

Also why the nic card? I am pretty sure that the mobo comes with one. And if your going to get a soundcard I would get something like audigy 2. Otherwise your setup is perfect.

lavenderAC said:
Is Kingston a solid memory brand?

Yes. Very. But what kind of Kingston ram is it?

Are you getting their value ram? I personally would pass on that, but that's just me, I'm sure others may disagree. May be fine for your needs.

Get dual channel memory and a prescott 3.2 or 3.4, not wireless keyboard and mouse that crap never works. more power. better video card.

Whats the difference between Kingston 512MB(PC3200) DDRAM and Kingston KVR-512-333 DDR SODIMM?
And why is it that Kingston 512MB(PC3200) DDRAM is cheaper than Kingston 512MB(PC2700) DDRAM??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom