Floppy drive problem !

Status
Not open for further replies.

didi

Daemon Poster
There is something wrong with my floppy drive. The LED light on the floppy always on during startup.For what i know the LED only light on when read or write data. Although I put diskette inside but it cannot detect it n prompt a message ask me put disket inside. Anybody know what this about???
i check the cable n suppy, all no problem.

did you try using another disk? lol i know that sounds funny but eh.. And the led should come on during start up.. it should stay solid for more than like 10 seconds though

Urgents Floppy Drive Problem!!!

Usually during boot up the floppy drive's green LED will light on for secs then turn off isnt? All the time if not using the floppy drive the LED just OFF only,right? When we insert diskette, performing read or write data onto the diskette only the green LED light on, correct? But my case the floppy drive's green LED just lights on all the time when i switck on my pc, when i insert diskette inside the floppy it got some noisy sound. After that when i double click the floppy drive icon try to open the files inside the diskette it prompt out messages saying that no disk inside, please insert diskette, this mean that it totally cannot detect the diskette. The diskette is ok cosz i try on other computer n the files inside can be open. Is it the floppy drive problem? Because i just reinstall all the hardwares inside the computer.

Try reconnecting the floppy drive.
It normally happens when some pins are connected backwards(Pins32 and 34 I think, I am not sure).

I doubt that the floppy drive is bad. THe light will stay on if the drive is not connnected right, ie: the cable is backwards, upside down, not all the way plugged in.

hey turn the data cable the otherway it will work 100% thats the problem...!!!

rakesh_1024 said:
Try reconnecting the floppy drive.
It normally happens when some pins are connected backwards(Pins32 and 34 I think, I am not sure).

Yup, u r right, i misplaced the floppy cable.
Very careless. Sorry everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom