q6600 drops to 295 (but its out of stock right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just read three articles which said that the prices given are for a tray or oem cpus. the boxed prices will be higher, but not by too much - as was stated earlier by beefcake.

I already said this in another thread but I checked with a retailer and he's only pricing about 10 buck US higher than the price cut list. I am in Hong Kong so don't take me as a US reference. Patience. Wait till the 22nd and see for yourself.

fade didn't i already prove bot wrong??

No you haven't. Those are NOT the G0 Stepping. They are the old stock. It is smart business to get rid of older stock at discounted prices (seeing as they already made a ton of profit from the previous 10k-20k units they sold).

Wait for the new G0 Stepping Q6600 and see what the price is. Once that comes out than if you are correct I'll admit that you were right and I was wrong.

I know the price will not be $266 and here is a link to just 1 respectable computer parts place that will get you a new G0 stepping but no set date as to when you will get it. Could be early-mid Aug before they get the G0 Stepping that will be the one that everyone wants. Prices are still over $266 and more likely will be around $275-$290. While I may be a bit over in my estimation of the final retail price I knew that no retail seller would sell the chips at the cost they get them from Intel which is the $266 price.

Intel Q6600 Retail - G0 Stepping Pre-Order Spot - BX80562Q6600 by:

No you haven't. Those are NOT the G0 Stepping. They are the old stock. It is smart business to get rid of older stock at discounted prices (seeing as they already made a ton of profit from the previous 10k-20k units they sold).

Wait for the new G0 Stepping Q6600 and see what the price is. Once that comes out than if you are correct I'll admit that you were right and I was wrong.

I know the price will not be $266 and here is a link to just 1 respectable computer parts place that will get you a new G0 stepping but no set date as to when you will get it. Could be early-mid Aug before they get the G0 Stepping that will be the one that everyone wants. Prices are still over $266 and more likely will be around $275-$290. While I may be a bit over in my estimation of the final retail price I knew that no retail seller would sell the chips at the cost they get them from Intel which is the $266 price.

Intel Q6600 Retail - G0 Stepping Pre-Order Spot - BX80562Q6600 by:

omg..... u believe what u want, but ever1 is telling u ur wrong....

AnandTech: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 and Massive Price Cuts

the G0 stepping chips are CHEAPER to make, while is cooler, and emits less heat..... which is why its so cheap along with the reason to be competitive with AMD, but even if its not the G0 stepping stuff for $266 who cares.... a quad-core is a quad-core!!! in fact i'll bring b1gapl or sora an expert here... at the forums, and we'll get his opinion

omg..... u believe what u want, but ever1 is telling u ur wrong....

AnandTech: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 and Massive Price Cuts

the G0 stepping chips are CHEAPER to make, while is cooler, and emits less heat..... which is why its so cheap along with the reason to be competitive with AMD, but even if its not the G0 stepping stuff for $266 who cares.... a quad-core is a quad-core!!! in fact i'll bring b1gapl or sora an expert here... at the forums, and we'll get his opinion

It's not even worth the effort to try to expain simple economics to some people who are barely entering puberty. I will not waste my time or effort in trying to explain why the G0 stepping will be 10 times better than the B3 stepping.

Look bottom line is this. You will not see a new G0 stepping for the 1k unit price that intel is selling them to the distributors. The distributors than have to sell them to the retailers. As I have said several times a business that does not make a profit on products will not remain a business. Back to the basic economics.

At the end of the day you can spend your lawn mowing money on whatever you want. I just don't want to see people whinning and crying on the forums when their q6600 wasn't the $266 price that you seem to think that Intel can direct retailers to sell for. Additionally I don't want to see people crying about how thier q6600 is running hot and they cannot overclock past 3.3ghz.

I won't even begin to go into why Intel has no power or authority to direct retailers on the prices they are to sell products for. To put that in simple terms.. Intel CANNOT order or force Newegg to sell CPUs at a specific price.

Take it or leave it I really don't give a rats ***. Believe me or don't again I don't care. It's your money you can spend it on whatever you want.

It's not even worth the effort to try to expain simple economics to some people who are barely entering puberty. I will not waste my time or effort in trying to explain why the G0 stepping will be 10 times better than the B3 stepping.

Look bottom line is this. You will not see a new G0 stepping for the 1k unit price that intel is selling them to the distributors. The distributors than have to sell them to the retailers. As I have said several times a business that does not make a profit on products will not remain a business. Back to the basic economics.

At the end of the day you can spend your lawn mowing money on whatever you want. I just don't want to see people whinning and crying on the forums when their q6600 wasn't the $266 price that you seem to think that Intel can direct retailers to sell for. Additionally I don't want to see people crying about how thier q6600 is running hot and they cannot overclock past 3.3ghz.

I won't even begin to go into why Intel has no power or authority to direct retailers on the prices they are to sell products for. To put that in simple terms.. Intel CANNOT order or force Newegg to sell CPUs at a specific price.

Take it or leave it I really don't give a rats ***. Believe me or don't again I don't care. It's your money you can spend it on whatever you want.

logic is on ur side, but the accuracy isn't, but heat is not gonna be an issue... ppl are getting q6600s with ds3r's, which meat_helmet got 3.4ghz with the current Core architecture, so no worries..... as for the prices even if the q6600's aren't the price u claim, ppl will go for the e6750's and upgrade to penryn's instead

at a fairly well known online retailer...I received an email of a combo with that...cpu and intel mobo for 499.

dangz...thinking of buying that before I install my Ultimate which came in the mail today! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom