What do ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BottleRocket

Baseband Member
I found this on CircuitCity's website. It seems like a good deal to me, especially with the $100 rebate:

Buy the HP Pavilion 15.4" Widescreen Notebook PC (DV6449US) and other Notebook Computers at circuitcity.com

I won't be using this for heavy gaming, or anything like that. It's going to be my first laptop and for school use primarily: Office, Adobe products, etc. Does it look like it will suit my needs? Should I get it?

I found a similar performing HP at my nearest Costco and about the same price, but I am actually not a card-holder. So I could get in and buy it through a friend, but returning and/or exchanging might be difficult if my friend is not around.

it shall be okay, as long as you promise me that you wont game or do 3d work, like modeling/animation.

i like the fact that it has 2 gigs of ram.
The processor speed is kind of low in my opinion.

But for the price, it seems to be a good buy

well if you buy from cc it will be easier for warranty issues. Like if something gets damaged and you want a repair...thats whay im guessing.

How diff are the specs from costco?

hey just to let you know...GET THE one from costo.

First of all its a C2D with 2MB L2 cache.
second of all its a C2D.

The only thing the turion beats it at is the bus speed...im not sure how much that will effect performance.

Hopefully someone else will post for a better review.

it may make a difference since you will be using adobe.
Its up to you though...
you could always register and become a Costco member if you want...but to save all the hastle, just go with the amd.

Try looking at google and check benchmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom