OEM confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer and basically it's for system builders who don't need the formal Manfacturer support. The only thing you might not want to buy OEM is your OS because it will be tied to your Motherboard after activation and there is no way to transfer that license to another box ever. I've called Microsoft so trust me. I bought the retail version for this reason.

Well currently im a noob. But one day I'll follow your tracks and buy GPUs half price from a kid w/ a dell and tell him intel graphics accelerators are better.

EDIT: sorry about double post internet was running slow i double clicked.

lol thats why you're evil.
hmm, come to think of it, thats how i got my 2nd 7900gs...from a n00b that didnt know what he had or how much it was worth, lol...
i'm on the evil bus too, i guess. wait...i'm DRIVING the evil bus...

i thought u bought from a crackhead..... hmm...

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer and basically it's for system builders who don't need the formal Manfacturer support. The only thing you might not want to buy OEM is your OS because it will be tied to your Motherboard after activation and there is no way to transfer that license to another box ever. I've called Microsoft so trust me. I bought the retail version for this reason.

interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom