Turning Monitor off, but no signal when turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadian37

Beta member
Ok, I'm no sure if this is a problem that can be fixed or not... there is nothing wrong with my monitor, but I need to turn it off at night but I leave my computer running. When I turn it on in the morning, I get no signal. I will get a signal if i restart the computer, but is there a way to get a signal without restarting? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If applicable, check the power saving setting for the monitor and disable hibernate and see what that does. Also, some cards have a power save mode themselves, disable it. Just manually turn off the monitor.

Hey, thanks for replying.... My monitor is a an LG 42 inch HDTV, but I've had this similar problem with an Acer 22inch monitor and a couple others....I've checked all the settings, they seem to be normal, but when I want to turn the monitor back on in the morning, I get the no signal screen, right now I'm using a quick fix to get around it... I have my computer power down the display after being idle for 2 minutes, so when I move the mouse or keyboard, the no signal screen disappears and the computer comes back up. But if I go off the input to another one to watch tv or something, I can't go back on my computer until that 2 minutes is up. It's not that big of a problem as I said but it would be nice to just switch between tv and computer whenever. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom