Upgrade on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
After an annoying delay, I am finally going to order my upgrade today (hopefully). And this is what I've come up with:

Newegg.com - EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Decided to get this over the MSI, even though it's more expensive, stock clocks, and doesn't come with CoH, it does have a better warranty/customer service and 90-day StepUp (and is only 7 dollars more after rebates).

Most importantly is my new RAM. I was planning on just getting another stick of what I currently have (for $35), but then I saw this in another thread:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Does this overclock well? The HZs and HKs are also on sale but they are also even more expensive. The main reason I'm considering just getting a new set is for Overclocking, and that these are $40 off.

Also, has anybody used an X-Trac mousepad?

Well considering the mousepads costs 9-14 bucks I wouldn't consider them expensive.

As for the whole 9 series people are talking about, I've decided to get this now, and if it comes within 90 days great. If it doesn't then I could just use the the StepUp to a 8800 Ultra, then sell it brand new before the 9 series come out, that is always an option, or just sell the GTX as is.

it just means that you need to have an invoice between those dates, and you can send in the rebate form anytime before august 23.

those HK's are good overclockers, almost as good as the HZ's so they're like XMS2's not a bad deal......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom