AGEIA PhysX, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you run the R&D sector in the Dresden fab for AMD you make a hole lot more than that lol.

doubtful that AMD would hire too many entry level engineers, and if so I'm sure they would start competitively to what other places are starting them at (also location dependent).

I just got my degree in mechanical engineering last may.

If you're interested in making a lot of money dont go for engineering - you will get paid well, but not like what MBA's make. Dont get a PHd either, a masters is suitable for most companies.

By the end of your bachelors degree in engineering you'll be pretty sick of school.

How did you get an internship? What were the qualifications? I want to head out to the places around here but I am totally strapped down at school as full time student

Exelon on Campus

you can poke around that website for some info.

as for me, i sort of got lucky because the ceo of exelon nuclear saw an article that the chicago tribune wrote on me (2005 scholar athlete of the year, thank you very much) and i said that i was interested in studying nuclear physics so he sent me an internship offer.

the best way is to send someone in the corporate office an email or a letter, and they will point you in the right direction.

really?!?!?

omg i want to be that too!!!1

how is it?

14 years right?

i won't lie, even the undergraduate curriculum is draining. you have to major in a science, obviously (i'm in biochemistry, chemistry, and computational neuroscience), get good grades, do relevant research, volunteer at a hospital, and then do well on mcats and your med. school interviews.

and then the fun really begins (i'm guessing) :)

i think its somewhere around 12 years, but that can be shortened/lengthened based on performance.

i won't lie, even the undergraduate curriculum is draining. you have to major in a science, obviously (i'm in biochemistry, chemistry, and computational neuroscience), get good grades, do relevant research, volunteer at a hospital, and then do well on mcats and your med. school interviews.

and then the fun really begins (i'm guessing) :)

i think its somewhere around 12 years, but that can be shortened/lengthened based on performance.

what would you say you need to get in your high school gpa?
Do you have to start volunteering in hospitals while in high school? Or once you get into college?
What do you mean by doing relevant research?

what would you say you need to get in your high school gpa?
Do you have to start volunteering in hospitals while in high school? Or once you get into college?
What do you mean by doing relevant research?

haha, you should always aim to get all A's. but it shouldn't be lower than 3.5 or 3.6 or so. i didnt volunteer in high school, just now in college.

and relevant research is something like doing clinical studies which is, for example, trying to show how patient care is different between 3 month and 6 month doctors. there's also scientific research, like protein folding dynamics, which is what im doing now. scientific research will pave the way for an md/phd, while clinical research is more geared towards general practice. i've never done any clinical research, just scientific. in the end, its what interests you that is most important.

haha, you should always aim to get all A's. but it shouldn't be lower than 3.5 or 3.6 or so. i didnt volunteer in high school, just now in college.

and relevant research is something like doing clinical studies which is, for example, trying to show how patient care is different between 3 month and 6 month doctors. there's also scientific research, like protein folding dynamics, which is what im doing now. scientific research will pave the way for an md/phd, while clinical research is more geared towards general practice. i've never done any clinical research, just scientific. in the end, its what interests you that is most important.

wow this is getting INCREDABLY off topic...

Yeah, way off topic... lets not talk about grades... my grades are suffering. I remember those days when I used to get 4.0's... until I hit upper division classes... :(

i hear ya man.... since my grades fell i dropped out..

so now i have normal lvl alg II (which stinks because i'm really good at alg) and chem, AP world history and honors LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom