Midrange Gaming PC + Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok great. But now I was also reading one of the other posts and I read that the Q6600 is going to provide better performance for upcoming games like Crysis and what not. Is this chip still able to be overclocked, or is the E6750 the better bang for my buck (as long as prices go down like everyone says)?

Well the Q6600 will perform better, on games supporting more cores, such as Crysis....but it's not as overclockable as the e6750. The e6750 would be the best bang for your buck processor, if it comes out as $183.

i would spend a bit extra and get the q6600 coz u can still o/c it to 3.0+. much better coz u dont need it to be as high as the 6750 coz 4 cores compared to 2.

and u could thing about getting gskill ram too:D

Well the Q6600 will perform better, on games supporting more cores, such as Crysis....but it's not as overclockable as the e6750. The e6750 would be the best bang for your buck processor, if it comes out as $183.

i woukdnt really say it is not as overclockable. since there is 2 more cores in the q6600 your really overclocking more then just eg. 200mhz x 2 cores. its really going down as 200MHz x 4cores. so really i you can reach 4GHz (suposably with a ds3r) and 3.4GHz with a q6600. ur making a 1.33GHz increase x 2cores on the e6750 and 1GHz x 4 cores on the q6600. which in my mind brings the quad out on top.

i woukdnt really say it is not as overclockable. since there is 2 more cores in the q6600 your really overclocking more then just eg. 200mhz x 2 cores. its really going down as 200MHz x 4cores. so really i you can reach 4GHz (suposably with a ds3r) and 3.4GHz with a q6600. ur making a 1.33GHz increase x 2cores on the e6750 and 1GHz x 4 cores on the q6600. which in my mind brings the quad out on top.

oooh... good thinking... what about RAM??

would u mess with the speeds etc etc or is the oc too low that u would have to mess with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom