DVD Burner and regular DVD drive recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
... the sony's are cheap.... wow... i usually quit recommending sony parts because they are usually overpriced.... but if its the same price then forget my lite-ons.....

Atapi is IDE. It uses the really wide flat cable (which restricts airflow dramatically) or the ridiculously thick round cable (which is tough to bend). The SATA are the new standard. They are slightly faster and dramatically smaller. If your board has available SATA ports, get the SATA version.

Atapi is IDE. It uses the really wide flat cable (which restricts airflow dramatically) or the ridiculously thick round cable (which is tough to bend). The SATA are the new standard. They are slightly faster and dramatically smaller. If your board has available SATA ports, get the SATA version.

do they even have the SATA version anywhere? Can't seem to find it

Thanks a lot! Although the SATA version of that Pioneer doesn't seem very reliable from the reviews. I might just get a Sony.

Don't always trust the reviews people leave. The average reviewer on those sites aren't that smart. You really have to look at what they are taking away points for and not just the overall score. Pioneer is a good product all-in-all.

(I just went back and reread the reviews on that drive. I think I would stay clear of it too, lol. I apologize for linking that. Seriously, check out the Lite-on I linked below.)

Im still partial to Lite-on. I have had really good experiences with them and I love the Lightscribe feature. It's a lot cleaner than handwriting on top of my disks with a sharpie, heh.

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe - OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom