AGEIA PhysX, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Become a Dentist or an orthodontist and have your own practice. You set your own hours IE mon-thurs 9-5 :) make bank

Average engineering salary is much lower than the numbers being thrown around. expect to start around 55k/year depending on location. When you make 100+k/year its usually in a management position.

Dont buy a phyics card :)

If you run the R&D sector in the Dresden fab for AMD you make a hole lot more than that lol.

hey thats an excellent field to get into, actually. i worked for exelon nuclear last summer at TMI (three mile island) in radiation chemistry. its a little boring, but the pay was GREAT, even for a lowly intern like me.

the other interns and i calculated it out, and if we stayed for the whole year we would have been paid about 36,000. without a college degree. amazing.

plus, the whole nuclear 2010 initiative which is supposed to have new plants being built by the year 2010... and something like 60% of the workforce will retire in the next 10 years.

Wildside GRAW "supported" physics cards, in fact you had to install bloated agera physics drivers to install the ****in' demo. Tests showed no real benefit of physics cards in the game that forced you to install their drivers. Trust me, waste of time & money.

Onlycurious, I'm sorry man but your wrong, my sister is a lawyer and makes much more than you claim lawyers make, I grew up in a somewhat affluent area, some of the wealthy residents were dentists & dental surgeons with private practices and excellent reputations. Its a small % of people in that bracket but its a big country and in certain parts of this country, or world, everyone is basically a millionaire.

Onlycurious, I'm sorry man but your wrong, my sister is a lawyer and makes much more than you claim lawyers make, I grew up in a somewhat affluent area, some of the wealthy residents were dentists & dental surgeons with private practices and excellent reputations. Its a small % of people in that bracket but its a big country and in certain parts of this country, or world, everyone is basically a millionaire.

I'm not saying every doctor, lawyer, surgeon, etc makes a specific amount. I'm just saying that is what the AVERAGE doctor, lawyer, surgeon, etc gets paid. So yeah, I'm not surprised that your sister makes more than what other lawyers make. Dude, some lawyers make $30k a year.... I'm not speaking for EVERY lawyer, just the average.

We were also talking about salaried employees I believe... not millionaires/billionaires. Millionaires could have just inherited the money, nobody really cares about them... LOL

He said "unless you make $300k"... there are billions of people who make UNDER $100k a year... probably thousands, maybe millions, of people who make OVER $100k a year. But those thousands/millions don't compare to billions. If you will.... haha

Wildside GRAW "supported" physics cards, in fact you had to install bloated agera physics drivers to install the ****in' demo. Tests showed no real benefit of physics cards in the game that forced you to install their drivers. Trust me, waste of time & money.

kk, but it would be nice to try one out in Hellgate: London. AGEIA said they r supporting it, so it brings up the hype dude.

u think any future GPU with PP would support this game? No, unless FlagShip Studios announce what GPU with PP can ALSO work with the game. Only then would i decide not get the AGEIA PhysX Accelerator.

but first things first, i need a job so badly.

hey thats an excellent field to get into, actually. i worked for exelon nuclear last summer at TMI (three mile island) in radiation chemistry. its a little boring, but the pay was GREAT, even for a lowly intern like me.

the other interns and i calculated it out, and if we stayed for the whole year we would have been paid about 36,000. without a college degree. amazing.

plus, the whole nuclear 2010 initiative which is supposed to have new plants being built by the year 2010... and something like 60% of the workforce will retire in the next 10 years.

How did you get an internship? What were the qualifications? I want to head out to the places around here but I am totally strapped down at school as full time student

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom