out of range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you but now the 9600xt is not being recognized still and im now installing radeon drivers 4.6 while the card is not installed
I disabled in hardware configuration the onboard video, now it wont see the card still all bios is im sure correct any suggestions

1stly ecs are bad lol. is the 9600xt ur puttin in agp? because alot of mobos with onboard graphics dont have a agp slot. i remember wen i put my 1st agp card in i didnt push it is hard enough and i go that beeping wen i tried to boot. u really have to force it, and if the onboard is disabled it should just pick it up and ur away. if i were u the 1st chance i got i would get a new mobo though.

You need to get back to using your onboard video first .Unplug the power supply ,Clear CMOS or remove the battery from the mobo .Switch your bios back to onboard video.
I didnt no there was a PCI 9600XT but heres some tips.
Not all boards are the same but the basic steps are .
After you`ve determined your bios state and updated as nessesary install the PCI card .Simply Turning off your
system putting the card in and Hooking your Monitor Cable to the PCI card doesnt allways work.(Some systems will
auto detect but most will not display anything on your monitor.Leaving you stuck not knowing what to do).
Most systems require a series of steps.(NOTE)There are some differences between Operating Systems.This is the way i install
PCI cards and ive never had any problems.
1.Download the latest available Drivers From the Video Card Manufacture .
2.Turn off your system unplug the power supply.
3.Install the PCI Card (Dont switch your Monitor Cable over to the PCI Card)Reconect your power and Power Up the system.
Still using your Onboard Video.
4.When your operating system is booting up it will detect the new device and attempt to install it.Cancel this operation
After your fully booted up do the next step.
5.Insert your installation CD or Execute your Downloaded Driver file installer and install the Video Card.
When finished and it prompts to Restart your system select cancel and restart later.
6.Shut Down your system unplug the Monitor cable from the onboard Video Adapter Plug it into your PCI Card.
7.Power up your system and boot directly into bios,Disable on board Video enable PCI VGA (if you have the Option).
Save the changes and boot into your operating system.
8.If the Operating Sytem attemts to reinstall your onboard video cancel that operation.
9.Go to Device Manager and check for Problemed Hardware in Other Devices or Display Adapters .
If you see the Onboard video still being recognized simply select Disable Device never use this device.
Thats the basics on PCI card Installation .Not very complicated but it does require steps to be followed.

It also could also be that your resolution is cranked up to high...If the moniter only supports 1200x700 and you push it to 1200x1000 then you will have to scroll on the edges. If you push it higher than the signal will be higher than the moniter can handle. I know you can't do much now that you can't see anything but you might want to keep that in mind for in the future.

Edit:

Oh yeah...go nVidia!!!:D

it wouldn't be the resolution because he is not initializing any of the drivers because he doesn't get past bios. if you have an AGP retention make sure its firmly inserted. Most people dont realize that it is sometimes a TIGHT fit. If you have AGP retention, make sure when inserting that you hear a 'click' when inserting. Also, no connectors should be showing, or VERY little of it. Try reseating the mem and processor, too. What is the power supply rated at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom