AMD turns in $600 million loss for Q2 financial year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people so obsessed with taking sides....? AMD or Intel... I mean who really cares?? It should just be about who has better performing products.

For those who say I will NEVER SWITCH TO AMD/Intel... uh... what are you waiting for... a cookie from AMD/Intel???

Why are people so obsessed with taking sides....? AMD or Intel... I mean who really cares?? It should just be about who has better performing products.

For those who say I will NEVER SWITCH TO AMD/Intel... uh... what are you waiting for... a cookie from AMD/Intel???

I definitely agree with that. I personally think its more fun when there is actually a choice to be made other than "q6600 or e6750?" like "AMD's FX-1200 or Intel's e12300" (purely fictional names for lack of creativity or research). That makes for better debates and just more to compare to and explore with.

Inferno said:
I want IBM to get back into consumer processors instead of only server systems.... oh the 3-way war would be a wondrous thing... *only has a few dollars in wallet, but still can afford quad core*

That would be awesome, I remember when my dad got his IBM laptop back when I was like 10. Great computer.

I definitely agree with that. I personally think its more fun when there is actually a choice to be made other than "q6600 or e6750?" like "AMD's FX-1200 or Intel's e12300" (purely fictional names for lack of creativity or research). That makes for better debates and just more to compare to and explore with.

That would be awesome, I remember when my dad got his IBM laptop back when I was like 10. Great computer.

who cares about picking aside, most ppl ust go for the best bang for the buck.... but fanboyism can make ppl choose the pricey weak part from a company they love over the cheaper just as good part from another company

well besides the fact that you sound like a dumb AMD fanboy, I think AMD deserved to lose even more for refusing to lower their prices even further after the core 2 duos spanked them hard. Only a complete idiot would get an AMD processor for anything but an incredably low end system.

stfu i love AMD processors n i dont care if Intel is better or more popular, i just like it how AMD processors have a lot of FSB that usually doubles Intel processors; to do more stuff in slower speeds rather then faster in doing less in those speeds. I mean, look at their next processors:

AMD Phenom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sry i sound like an idiot, but really im not.

lol sry if i acted stupid in the first post, im not i just love AMD, thats all.

Yeah i admit that i do like some companies more than others, but hey... sometimes even nice people lose. Just buy from whoever has the better product.

Right now i have a e6600 (intel) processor and am enjoying it and praying that AMD doesnt come out with something better and cheaper because that would make me feel bad... so right now you could call me an "Intel Fanboy" and when i had my old AMD processor you could have called me an "AMD Fanboy"

You dont ever see somebody favoring a companies product that they don't own.

But just like all of you are saying, i hope that AMD can comeback cause i dont want them to be a monopoly *cough* microsoft *cough*

I probably should have waited for amd's counter to intels chips before i went out and bought a Core2Duo, but hey.. that would be like how some people waited for ATI's R600. Doesnt mean its going to be better.

I have absolutely no preference. I'm 100% performance/compatibility minded. At the same time though, Intel needs a good competitor to keep them honest. Competition is of paramount concern and benefits the people. It's capitalism 101 boys and girls! AMD will come back strong, they just have a touch of rebuilding to do. One big tech break through would do it. Agree about the motherboards thing too. Grocery stores sell Coke at loss but it gets people in the door and they always end up buying something else don't they.

I have absolutely no preference. I'm 100% performance/compatibility minded. At the same time though, Intel needs a good competitor to keep them honest. Competition is of paramount concern and benefits the people. It's capitalism 101 boys and girls! AMD will come back strong, they just have a touch of rebuilding to do. One big tech break through would do it. Agree about the motherboards thing too. Grocery stores sell Coke at loss but it gets people in the door and they always end up buying something else don't they.

well AMD's Phenom's are supposed to be really cheap according to maroon1, cheap and fast, my two favorite things in the PC world :)

well besides the fact that you sound like a dumb AMD fanboy, I think AMD deserved to lose even more for refusing to lower their prices even further after the core 2 duos spanked them hard. Only a complete idiot would get an AMD processor for anything but an incredably low end system.
Are you serious? AMD dropped their prices so much that they're barely getting any margin on them anymore. What more do you expect?

Anyway, talk about extreme exaggeration. AMD's K8 processors are still nowhere near as behind as people try to pretend they are.

My 6000+ at 3.4GHZ will beat the pants off most systems, including a lot of C2D systems.
a 3GHZ C2D will be a little ahead of my 6000+ in some areas, but that in no way makes my system low-end.

Meh, I really don't like it when people decide they have to bash a product, just because it isn't the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom