Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid State Member
Heres what I currently plan to buy.
Athlon 64 2800 -173
ASUS "K8V SE Deluxe" K8T800 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU -123
Corsair Value Select (Dual Pack) 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 -187
Sapphire RADEON 9800 Pro 128MB -208
Thermaltake Black Gaming Tower XaserV Series WinGo Full-Tower Case with 420W Power Supply - 119

My budget is currently $1000. I would like to know, what is the performance difference between my current ram, and say Kingston 1 GB HyperX PC3200 or Corsair 1 GB XMS PC3200? And if I were to switch my ram choice, which one should I go for? Also, I'm planning to upgrade to a x600 pro upon its release this November(?), and I need a graphics card to just last me until then. Will the 9600xt run through the likes of HL2 and Far Cry at decent resolutions and framerates, or will I have to go with my current choice of the 9800 pro? Or, as a third option, how long will the 9800 pro last before it can no longer keep up with the software? Would it be better to buy it and hold off on the x600 pro until the 9800 pro dies? Any advice is appreciated.

Currently, I plan on getting this case: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-133-123&depa=1
Does anyone have any previous experiences with it? I need a case that is at least 19x8x22, and has a lot of open space on the inside for things to be added. I plan on ripping an x-box apart and assembling it inside my PC case along with my PC.

To get the best gaming, you will want Kinston HyperX PC3200 and at least a 9800 pro. X800 Pro is recommended if you want to play HL2 and Far Cry with graphics settings to the max. Don't get Value select RAM. Your mobo is good, but you might want to go a little bit higher on the processor. Basically, if you want a system that will last, you need to wait and save a little longer, then buy your parts.

all ul have to do is save ait longer and buy what apokalipse but wait till uve go the extra case for the case.plus u wont have to wait for the x600 and ul have a better graphics card. have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom