AGEIA PhysX, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Quantum Effects Technology....lol...I'm not trying to be a smart mouth or anything....eh...you were close enough.

U know i dont really care if the AGEIA PhysX is worthless or not, i will still get it even if it's just for one game. The one game i know that will support it is Hellgate: London n im so getting it, because it's being made from former Diablo 1 n 2 creators from Blizzard.

ill plan on getting it hopefully when the game launches. The more experience from the game, the better.

i mean dont u agree with me b1gapl?

lol...sorry...I don't...The 8 series already has that technology, making the PhysX card, unnecessary.

lol...sorry...I don't...The 8 series already has that technology, making the PhysX card, unnecessary.

well, the 8 series aint compatible to PhysX games or Havok games unless they allow it. So far i have not heard one game that supported the Physics tech in the 8 series.

again, i wouldnt mind getting the PhysX card for just Hellgate: London, because surely future GPUs with PP in it wont support it. Of course, i could be wrong when it finally releases.

Just for more sprinkling dust and particles?

n just about every obstacle is interactive is what makes a game good, sure. I do see ur point though, its bad to invest in, but kind of worth it when im very interested in getting Hellgate: London when it does support the PhysX Accelerator n no other PP in GPUs? Ya think about it, im hyped up about the game.

i mean, ive got nothing to pay for like insurance for example, at least not yet. I'm almost at the means of getting a job soon from Kohls so i can start collecting money which i should of done months ago but no one is hiring.

but back on topic n conclusion, sure the PhysX Accelerator is not worth it, but when games that do support it that i like to get, i would most definitely get the PhysX card just for those games, but for future games that support PP in GPUs i most likely will have a GPU card that has that. I mean, im still waiting for the HD 2900 XTX if it comes out, or something after the HD 2900 XT.

EDIT:

though what u say is true, it is wise to wait to see if the card goes down in price which helps a lot too.

well, the 8 series aint compatible to PhysX games or Havok games unless they allow it. So far i have not heard one game that supported the Physics tech in the 8 series.

again, i wouldnt mind getting the PhysX card for just Hellgate: London, because surely future GPUs with PP in it wont support it. Of course, i could be wrong when it finally releases.

That game is going to be sweet :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom