Mobo Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadisticmidget

Baseband Member
I'm looking to upgrade my processor to a core 2 duo. I currently have the Intel D955XBK Motherboard. If you check Intel's website it states that core 2 duos are not supported by the motherboard. I am looking to get a new motherboard in order to upgrade. My one concern is if the RAM I have now will be compatible with the MOBO that I am looking at.

Here is the Motherboard (Open to better suggestions, need to keep it relatively cheap): Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

I have two different types of Memory right now...here they are:
OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 Gold Dual Channel *EOL
Newegg.com - Kingston 512MB (2 x 256MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I need to know if they will be compatible with that board...or if not should I upgrade memory or just pick a different board.

I know this seems like a simple question....my one real weakness is memory compatibility, so I'm just looking for some help to be sure.

I don't see why it shouldn't work then. Kingston brand, is usually on the memory support lists of many motherboards.

I was thinking of the memory speeds vs what the board supports speed wise...not really about the brands.

Oh, then you don't have to worry. It will also supports speeds, below the specified standard of DDR2-800.

That's what I was wondering. Thanks man. You always seem to have all the answers. **bows down to b1gapl**

BTW, Peter..what did you mean by "Both? At the same time?"

He meant if both OCZ and Kingston brands, were in your computer, at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom