Help me identify the temps in Speedfan-Pic included

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookster264

In Runtime
I just finished my build and wanted to check temperatures. Below is a screen shot of the results from Speedfan. Can you tell me what each temp is reading and what are the critical temperatures to look for? Is my cpu really running at 53c? Thanks!

edit: Oh, I'm running an AMD X2 3600 Brisbane core with an AC Freezer pro 64 heatsink.

Speedfan.jpg

Thats look hot for a processor. Did you apply thermal paste? Fan setup?
What PSU do you have? You didn't skimp did you? The +12V is a 9.12V, too low; -12V at -2.65V, definitely way too low; -5V at 2.14V, too low.

My case has a 120mm fan in front and rear with an 80mm fan on the side. I have this Xclio 500w psu, which has this output. +3.3V@30A;+5V@30A;+12V1@18A;+12V2@18A;-12V@0.5A; +5VSB@3.0A
Newegg.com - XCLIO STABLEPOWER 500W ATX 500W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail
Also, I thought the AC 64pro came with thermal paste already on it. It had a thin film on it with a plastic protection that I took off just before putting it on. Is there a way the paste may have smeared off? Should I get more to put on?

OK, first I found that my side fan was blowing out. I turned that around, but both Speedfan and Everest were showing 52*c on my cpu. I checked my BIOS and it showed my cpu at 31*c. Can both these programs be that far off, yet measure very similar temps? Can I breathe easier and trust my BIOS to show the correct temp?

My specs are in my signature.

I'm sure you've done it, but did you configure the speedfan to your motherboard? When I just dropped speedfan on without configuration it looked like that, very high temps. I just used the configure feature and grabbed the configuration file from speedfan's website, and my temps dropped alot and more matched my bios. Only thing I wish i had was a outside temperature reader that read directly from bios...

I initially clocked at 48-52 idle, then I put some silver on the cooler, cleaned out dust and now clock at 48-42 idle. So different thermal paste can help if you have some. but this is on a Athlon 64 3400+, well I guess thats listed in my sig anyway...

EDIT -- Since your CPU fan reading is zero, i doubt it is configured, also because it reads zero, i kinda doubt the readings. If I open up all the temp gauges on my speedfan, I have one that reads Temp1 that is almost always reading 80c and another one that is Temp2 that almost always reads 127c. I have no clue where these are from, probably sensors that are not on the board, but it did help with the config. try that first.

Edit2 -- I just did a check with different configurations, and my cpu temp showed 80c, went back to the one I was using and its at the 45c that is about where it should be for my machine.

Is your fan's taking air from the front and pushing them out from the back? Well one way to check it is to get a tissue paper and put in near the 120mm fan and see if it sucks the tissue paper. And to check the back, just hold the tissue paper and see if it's blowing outwards. 52C is pretty warm for your processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom