possible new build need need comments and suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the processor includes a thermal pad. It is recommended you get thermal paste such as AS5, for the sake of lower temperatures...but you said you aren't overclocking, so that's fine.

Ok i have officially ordered the barebone and 2 gigs of ram all i need to do is go down to megacomputer when the stuff frim tigerdirect arrives and get a processor.

OK I have another problem related to the video card. I sort of ran out of money and have to stick with onboard video until I get more money. will the intel GMA3000 be ok for games like halo, nfs most wanted and GTA SA until I can get an 8600GT?

i would say yes to halo, no to NFS, and maybe to GTA.
halo is pretty basic graphic wise...
NFS would eat that onboard up.. with all the reflections and other nice graphics.
GTA- ehhh...idk. again, pretty basic graphic wise but it's a big area of the basics... so thats why i said maybe.

I would say yes to Halo, yes to NFS most wanted, yes to GTA SA

Halo is an old game, I think it would run on medium setting with GMA3000

NFS Most Wanted needs GF2 MX as minimum system requirement, GMA3000 is better than GF2 MX, it will run it but on very low settings and it will look like 10 years old racing game

GTA SA might run on low setting with GMA3000

its halo 1 not 2, I can even play that on school computers with integrated graphics older than this one

what is the gma 3000 equivilant to in nvidia cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom