q6600 e6850 benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the prices are gonna drop the way Intel said. Keep in mind the charts say per cpu in batches of 1000. I hope they do, but I doubt they will.

Didn't you read the article posted in this thread ?

Intel's lineup looks very confusing at first, but after the price cuts take effect it'll be a lot easier to recommend processors. The table below has all currently available Intel CPUs (as well as a few that are due out soon), but you'll notice that some lines are in red. The lines in red are products that are available in the market, but no longer make sense to buy after the price cuts next week.

In an attempt to quickly move the market to 1333MHz FSB platforms, Intel has made those chips far more attractive than the previous 1066MHz FSB processors:

intelCPUS.jpg

See a trend? Financially it makes no sense to buy any of the 1066MHz FSB CPUs anymore, Intel sure knows how to push new chipsets on a market.

If you remove all the CPUs that no longer make sense to buy from the chart, you actually get a pretty nice and simple processor lineup:

newIntellistingCPU.jpg

Even if the chart said or not the cpu in batches if 1000 It don't make sense to sell them at the "current prices" but thats just what I think.

i guess i'm still going with the e6750 as its a better choice in a gaming rig that won't probably ever do encoding/3d manipulation (thats not gaming is it?)

i guess i'm still going with the e6750 as its a better choice in a gaming rig that won't probably ever do encoding/3d manipulation (thats not gaming is it?)

The e6750 is the one to go for, when talking about bang for your buck. Overclocks without a problem, and can handle anything.

lol...encoding/3d manipulation, is in no way gaming.

The e6750 is the one to go for, when talking about bang for your buck. Overclocks without a problem, and can handle anything.

lol...encoding/3d manipulation, is in no way gaming.

correct-a-mundo... i'll get an e6750 if i get a build soon, and upgrade to Wolfdale later, or if i get the money way later....... i'll get a Wolfdale

I really see no point of getting the quaddy right now as it will not last during the now Yorkfield and Woflsdale (where in the world do they get these names from) age.

Sometimes, they name them, after a town....or the lucky draw from the hat. Ducktales and York Peppermint, were the rejected ones.

I really see no point of getting the quaddy right now as it will not last during the now Yorkfield and Woflsdale (where in the world do they get these names from) age.

as that one article said perfectly to counter your argument:
"It's tough to resist upgrading or building a new system today because of the tremendous value this last round of price cuts has given us, especially when you take into account that both Penryn and Phenom's respective launches remain largely unknown. Clock speeds, pricing and dates are still up in the air, and for once our recommendation isn't simply to wait and see what happens.

If you need a new system or CPU upgrade today, the chips are ripe for the picking."

AnandTech: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 and Massive Price Cuts

Just an interesting tidbit I thought I'd share. I am living in Hong Kong right now so in no way can the prices I"m going to share indicative of what the US market will do but..

I went to a local retailer here at the Wan Chai 298 shop and talked to him about what his prices will be on Monday (Sunday for America). He said he's going to sell the e6850 for $278, the 6750 for $198.

Pre-price cut he's selling 6700's for $326.

I should have asked about the quad's but they don't have much patience for 'researchers' in these shops. From what it looks like I expect his prices to look very similair to the EXCELLENT chart Phanto provided. (making sure you get some props for it) We'll all know soon enough won't we!

Just an interesting tidbit I thought I'd share. I am living in Hong Kong right now so in no way can the prices I"m going to share indicative of what the US market will do but..

I went to a local retailer here at the Wan Chai 298 shop and talked to him about what his prices will be on Monday (Sunday for America). He said he's going to sell the e6850 for $278, the 6750 for $198.

Pre-price cut he's selling 6700's for $326.

I should have asked about the quad's but they don't have much patience for 'researchers' in these shops. From what it looks like I expect his prices to look very similair to the EXCELLENT chart Phanto provided. (making sure you get some props for it) We'll all know soon enough won't we!

All I gotta say is if they do sell it for $266 we can really rub it in that Bot guys face since he had some very strong opinions contrary to the "266 theory"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom