LASSA.exe is making computer shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Fresh install of Windows Xp Home.

End User is having a problem every time she connected onto the internet, there is a message saying that error in LSA.SHELL.

LSASSE.EXE CODE 1073791819

It then tells the user that she has 60 seconds to shut down here computer.

Any suggestions?

Computer Specs :- P4 2.8 Prescott, 512Mb DDR, ASROCK Motherboard, NetComm Internal 56K Fax/Modem, Win Xp Home.
Internet connection via 56K Dial up.

virus, i hate them and i don't know how to fix it but go to microsoft.com and check out what they have to say about it. I belive that particular one is called the Sasser worm.

Edit: also it should be called "lsass.exe" no capitals.

You can also stop the shutdown by opening a DOS box, and typing "shutdown -a" into it. That should end up giving your customer enough time to download the patch. Just have to remove Sasser after that.

My friend had this same problem, and even after installing the patch and evrything, it wud still come, so he had to reformat his computer.

And after the computer restarted, the screen wud just appear black and nothing would happen.. You should take actions fast.

Do the following. Open registry editor and delete the "avserve2.exe"="%Windir%\avserve2.exe" entry from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Next uncheck avserve or avserve2 from msconfig>startup. Secondly search and delete files avserve and avserve2 from the computers. Then download and install the ms update from http://tinyurl.com/2vj4h.

course its odd that its happening after a fresh intsall, unless she is putting backupd files onto it. How "fresh" of install are we talking about? If its barebones just after install, then there is an option in bios (can't remember what it is... so forgive me!) that is for remote installation via lan. Disable it. God, though it does sound like that virus... is it barebones install with nothing put back on it?

The only way I could think that PC could get infected is if it were connected to the internet after the initial install. Go figure. I had a bud of mine with the same problem. Fortunately I have the MS Security CD that was released in Feb. 04 was able to update most of OS. Afterwards I ran Norton and checked for viruses. Its a tough one but hang in there, it'll get resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom