AGEIA PhysX, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah physx cards are a waste. ive only ever played 2 games that take advantage of the physx cards. the 8800s have got an inbuilt physics support i think anyway.

Lastly, tons of people in this world make over 300k a year. Dentists, doc's, surgeons, lawyers, and probably the biggest % of people in that bracket are simply business owners. I knew a guy who made 800k a year building prisons, you can make a lot of money doing a lot of things.

Depends on the area, but dentists,docs,surgeons,lawyers get paid around 175k... Surgeons get around 240k. I was thinking about going into dentistry... ****, if they made 300k a year, I would already be in dental school.

Tons of people might get paid 300k, but compared to the earth's population/average income... it's a SMALL percentage of people...

I know a guy who works for HP and gets 500k a year, but that's cuz he is like an EXECUTIVE engineer... something like that...

Depends on the area, but dentists,docs,surgeons,lawyers get paid around 175k... Surgeons get around 240k. I was thinking about going into dentistry... ****, if they made 300k a year, I would already be in dental school.

Tons of people might get paid 300k, but compared to the earth's population/average income... it's a SMALL percentage of people...

I know a guy who works for HP and gets 500k a year, but that's cuz he is like an EXECUTIVE engineer... something like that...

Become a Dentist or an orthodontist and have your own practice. You set your own hours IE mon-thurs 9-5 :) make bank

Average engineering salary is much lower than the numbers being thrown around. expect to start around 55k/year depending on location. When you make 100+k/year its usually in a management position.

Dont buy a phyics card :)

a dedicated physix processing unit will probably never make it into an effective PCI card, my thoughts are that GPU's will develope enough to the same effects as a dedicated card for physics effects

BIG drug dealers (equivilent to management) make an avg of 50k per night so translate that into 50kx365 you get 18,250,000 per year, oh yeah but then you subtract the bribes,taxes to the cia, etc.... and you problaly end up with less than 500k a year. im going to be electrical enigneer in 2 years so i guess ill start at 45k a year starting boo, until i get my phd then the big bucks roll in although i dont really care about the money its what i will be doing with my phd that will make me happy

Texas A&M Cyclotron Institute

Edit i have a PhysX card and although it doesnt live up to the hype it still does add SOME particles which isnt really groundbreaking but, hey at least I can see extra debris in some games. for me i care about gfx first then gameplay second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom