q6600 e6850 benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
ecga's have lifetime warranty, go and RMA it!!

I know but I'm curious about what they will send me because as far as I know the 6800GT is discontinued.

I don't mind waiting I have been waiting since I got $500 from my bday to buy the video card and that was in May of this year.. oh and one thing if you haven't notice the eVGA GTX have drop price in these past days it have a instant saving of $30 plus a $30 mail-in rebate.

Newegg.com - EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Man that article really summed up things nicely between a q6600 and e6750, good job to whoever posted the link! My mind is now made up...q6600...here I come...

That was q6600 and e6850, the q6600 would destroy the e6750 even more than that chart shows. Although the 3.0ghz on the e6850 is impressing me, idk what to get right now.

Definately a tough call on the q6600 and e6850. Darn good article though. I'm about 65% gamer and looking for a new build within the next 3 months (COD 4 and Crysis coming out) Do yall really think the Q is more future proof?

if you are planning dx10...yes. notice how in lost planet (half dx10) it did beat it by 20%. all of the other games obvoiusly rnt quad core supported like crysis etc.. quad core is a a big help in DX10 and lost planet begins to show that. and quad core is always gonna kill in rendering times even if its not quad core supported. once new DX10 games/apps start coming out (crysis) ull see the difference. q6600 is a bargin at that price. my new recamendation :)

Maybe someone should post a sticky about the new CPUs after July 22 with the possible prices...

maroon1 wait until this sunday/monday so you can post a reply like that but with the number $266! ;) .

they should but i think it will take maybe 1-2 weeks for the prices to all the way down to the stated price. Remember, it happened on April 22. Intel sticks to their words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom