Master Password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Is there a way in windows that i can lock my computer, and no one can do anything without a password? Or is the only way to sign out and password protect my account? I'd like something i can just flick on when i leave the room for a few min, instead of exiting windows. People in my house are snooping around my computer when im gone, and i want my privacy.

What about the built-in lock computer option? Or is this something that is only available to domain users on XP Pro? I havent messed around with home versions or non-domain PC's very much.

Hold down the windows key and hit L. It will not log you off but use the fast user switching option. Looks like you are logged off, but you aren't. Then you click your user, enter your password and presto, you are just like you were when you left. Programs keep running, etc.

give yourself a password on user accounts.

go to display poperties. then screensaver. then set it for 5-10 minutes. then check "on resume password protect".

make a password for your account first. then,

give yourself a password on user accounts.

go to display poperties. then screensaver. then set it for 5-10 minutes. then check "on resume password protect".
then
Hold down the windows key and hit L. It will not log you off but use the fast user switching option. Looks like you are logged off, but you aren't. Then you click your user, enter your password and presto, you are just like you were when you left. Programs keep running, etc.

the end

Thanks guys that sounds like it'll work. I already password protected my account, so not i just gotta follow those other steps and im good.

Thanks for showing the shortcut key, I only knew how to do it from start menu.

Is there a way in windows that i can lock my computer, and no one can do anything without a password?

go into the BIOS (usually esc. or F2 at startup) and set a password. it is almost impossible to get past unless someone actually opens up the computer and sets a jumper, presses a reset button, or takes out the battery.

go into the BIOS (usually esc. or F2 at startup) and set a password. it is almost impossible to get past unless someone actually opens up the computer and sets a jumper, presses a reset button, or takes out the battery.

he isn't wanting to shut the computer down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom