what graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
im looking quite hard to get a new nVidia graphics card but im completely at a loss at what to get. i currently have a Inno3D 7300 GS 256/512mb, but it can only play things like battlefield 2142 in lowest settings to run 40fps or more. i am also quite sad too see, that since i got a new mobo and processor, it no longer runs HL2 at max settings without vague choppiness :(

i have set myself a budget of £130 (around $250). i put that in bold to make a point that im not buying an 8800 so dont waste your time suggesting it.

im able to use an SLI setup and i would ultimately prefer a gigabyte card because i trust that brand, and because they always throw in a free game :), but i dont mind if someone suggests something else.

ive looked at the 8600 and the 7900 and they seem so far to be the best "bang for my buck". ive researched these cards a lot and it seems the 7900 absolutely wipes the floor with lower end 8000 cards (8500, 8400 etc.)

does anyone have any suggestions for a mid range card? maybe someone has bought one of these cards and loves them.

also i only have a 480W power supply, so the ultra powerful cards might not be suitable. and the motherboard is PCIE x16.

thanks in advance :)

The best mid-range, bang for your buck graphic cards now....is the 7900GS < X1950XT < 8800GTS 320mb.....

The 7900GS would be your cheapest option, while still being a very good card, that can still hold it's own on current games. Especially when overclocking it.

The X1950XT though, is a very powerful card for the money, and will wipe the floor with a 7900GS....while not being much more expensive.

Since you don't want the 8800GTS, I won't go any further.

y not 8800? if not id go with the 7900gtx even the 7800gt

*slaps head* i just said because i cant afford it.

but yeah, i was looking into the 7900GTX.

EDIT: okay checking on newegg for the 7900GTX makes me really want to hurt you somehow for being an idiot. $430? are you Trying to upset me? go sit in the corner...

The best mid-range, bang for your buck graphic cards now....is the 7900GS < X1950XT < 8800GTS 320mb.....

The 7900GS would be your cheapest option, while still being a very good card, that can still hold it's own on current games. Especially when overclocking it.

The X1950XT though, is a very powerful card for the money, and will wipe the floor with a 7900GS....while not being much more expensive.

Since you don't want the 8800GTS, I won't go any further.

okay thanks im looking into it on newegg right now.

idk where your loking but all the 7900GTXs ive seen are more expensive then the 88GTS

for the much mooney your best bet is the 7x1950vt

imo thats pretty stupid tho considering for 50 bucks more you can get a 88gts that will kill it in DX10 and will be alot more future proof

but if you just cant stretch that extra 50 bucks then go for the x1950xt

can newegg not ship to the uk then? shame because if i do, currency conversion works out at costing me around £80 + p&p and i can wait a week to get it.

EDIT the saphire one on dabs is the only one they do, which costs £150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom