good Full HD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
probably i will buy a good monitor which is full hd which is 1920 x 1080 or 1920 x 1200 but what is the difference between 1920 x 1080 and 1920 x 1200? i know it has more pixels but will it be any different?

Are we talking about tv's or monitors???

Resolution also depends on size if you have a 15" monitor with a 1920x1200 resolution everything would just be way to small to be usable where as on a 30" dell it would look perfect

The answer is very simple do you want 2077440 dots of colour or 2304000 dots of colour on your screen

also your graphics card will struggle with those resolutions in next gen games and why would you pay so much for a monitor which would cost more then the system your using to power the monitor?

well i can watch blu ray movies at the same time when i get a blu ray drive but i don't know yet... seems like many people have 1650 X 1080 monitor and yeah HD is a must have for both gamers and for watching video. i am talking about a monitor because i don't need a HDTV. also yeah i have a 8800 gts so it should handle some games but maybe not oblivion and besides i am probably gonna get the highest end graphic card when 9 series come out in december of this year or maybe next year depends when they are going to release it and yeah i also have the money to buy the graphics card lol.

don't confuse pc monitor specs with plain and pure HD monitor specs...

a pc spec could be higher...

for enjoying HD imagery at it's best, you want to stick to purely HD information and not mix it with PC conventions. Imagine it like an LCD screen where the clearest picture is achieved only by setting the resolution to match the native resolution of the device.

HD material, for example at 1080p, looks best matched with a 1080 res...you could go higher, but then more information is added, or the data is interpolated up or down to match the display...etc

I'm probably a noob to HD compatibilty with monitors since I never really thought about using one for it, but am now a bit confused...

I bought this monitor last year
Buy.com - Optiquest by ViewSonic Q19wb Black 19'' 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Q19WB-2

I"m assuming from what I read in this thread that if, at some point, I DID want to watch HD on it, I would need to buy a whole other monitor? My max resolution is 1440x900.

well i can watch blu ray movies at the same time when i get a blu ray drive but i don't know yet... seems like many people have 1650 X 1080 monitor and yeah HD is a must have for both gamers and for watching video. i am talking about a monitor because i don't need a HDTV. also yeah i have a 8800 gts so it should handle some games but maybe not oblivion and besides i am probably gonna get the highest end graphic card when 9 series come out in december of this year or maybe next year depends when they are going to release it and yeah i also have the money to buy the graphics card lol.

Ever heard of punctuation??? Grammar?? Wow. That might just be the longest run-on ever.

Are we talking about tv's or monitors???

Resolution also depends on size if you have a 15" monitor with a 1920x1200 resolution everything would just be way to small to be usable where as on a 30" dell it would look perfect

The answer is very simple do you want 2077440 dots of colour or 2304000 dots of colour on your screen

also your graphics card will struggle with those resolutions in next gen games and why would you pay so much for a monitor which would cost more then the system your using to power the monitor?

If your GPU starts to struggle on 1920x1200 couldnt u just lower the res? It will kill your quality a little but wont u get the same frames like on a 22".

I'm probably a noob to HD compatibilty with monitors since I never really thought about using one for it, but am now a bit confused...

I bought this monitor last year
Buy.com - Optiquest by ViewSonic Q19wb Black 19'' 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Q19WB-2

I"m assuming from what I read in this thread that if, at some point, I DID want to watch HD on it, I would need to buy a whole other monitor? My max resolution is 1440x900.

you can watch HD now on your monitor...depending, lol
example...

if you have a BD or HDdvd drive on your pc....and it is 720 material, you may not need anything else...

1080 material is said to be regulated either by dvi or HDMI....or restricted through hdcp...

read more here
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

your monitor might meet minimum hd specs, 720, and even be able to display 1080 material....but depending on the disc...it might require hdcp connection.

to also better enable you to understand...you can search for HD trailers in various formats, whether they be wmv or mov...etc...you could play those and they could come in either 720 or 1080...trailers usually require no hardware copy protection transfer protocols...dl and play to see that your monitor can actually display them...

you could buy a set top box to hook up to your pc monitor, depending on the box's connections. "HD" (1080) material in the sense of the HD discs (HDdvd or BD) could be limited only through hdcp connections. 720 material usually does not carry the same restrictions and can be passed via component connections.

it is all about regulation....read up...fun stuff ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom