Re-Considering Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah thanks. Is it really hard to overclock if i just want to get it to atleast 2.2 MIN and MAX 2.4?
And should i follow nagasamas instructions?

no, its not hard.
yes you should follow my instuctions, i know what i am talking about.
you need to run the stress test every couple of increases. after you know what you are doing, you dont have to stress it that often. but you do when you are a noob. it will not hurt to do it, and it will give you an idea of where your cpu can overclock to.
to hit 2.4 from 1.8 it is likely you will have to increase the voltage slightly. if you dont want to, do all the other things suggested, and when it fails the stability test, back it off a little till it passes. when it starts to fail the short tests, thats when you need to back it off and do the 8 hour test. its no big deal, really man.

alright. i do believe you, since people did ask me to get your help!
Am i suppose to run a test before the oc?
and when you said raise the cpu speed? is that the only thing?
do i have to touch the fsb at all?

dude your amd doesnt have an "fsb" like an intel. i (and some others...but some others just dont know the difference) say "fsb" because it is similar, as in it gives a number that you can multiply and relate to the speed of the computer. but it is not the same.
it has an external clock (this is probably what it says in bios...or HTT)...
you raise the cpu clock, but you have to lower your ldt multiplier (the 5 number i was telling you about), and make sure your ram speed is lowered, otherwise it will clock too high and not work.

yeah i remember you telling me to lowerthe ldt from 5 to 3 and lower the ram speed to the 2nd lowest available...right?

I just have one more question.
Since my processor is a dual-core do I have to oc each core one by one.
So like after I Oc one of the cores to let say...2.2.
I have to go back and do the same for the other core?
Or is it done automatically?

should i use only one paid of the rams while oc , and add the othe pair after oc or should i just use both of them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom