windows activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi all,

i have windows vista home pre and my problem is an icon pops up on the system tray saying you have installed new hardware or whatever(but i havnt installed any new hardware atall) and i must re activate windows but i cant when i click the icon its loading and after it tries reactivating it it shows me a window and this shows up 4 options i forgot what they are but i choose the i want to activate it using different key so i then enter my cd key and after its loading and it doesnt work.

so basically it says i got 2 days left using windows but ITS CRAZY my windows is genuine copy i got OEM copy bought it from SCAN computers can someone please HELP

You will most likely have to call M$ and have them activate it for you.

sorted it out called microsoft and all sorted bloody **** could they have made the code any more longer than it already is. why does this crap happen cant microsoft sort it out

so i just only use windows xp......
This makes no sense. The same thing happens in XP just as it happens in Vista. Just a couple months ago i added 2 RAM modules and had to call M$ to reactivate my XP but not my Vista.
sorted it out called microsoft and all sorted bloody **** could they have made the code any more longer than it already is. why does this crap happen cant microsoft sort it out

They have changed the way Vista reacts to hardware changes. They now have you re-activate on just about any hardware change. Cause they made that statement last year saying that a change in mobo or CPU equals a new PC. This was to try and help prevent the same copy of Vista being used on 4 or 5 different PCs. Only problem is that just about any hardware change forces you to have to reactivate Vista. Which isnt the way it is supposed to be. But it happens.

This makes no sense. The same thing happens in XP just as it happens in Vista. Just a couple months ago i added 2 RAM modules and had to call M$ to reactivate my XP but not my Vista.

They have changed the way Vista reacts to hardware changes. They now have you re-activate on just about any hardware change. Cause they made that statement last year saying that a change in mobo or CPU equals a new PC. This was to try and help prevent the same copy of Vista being used on 4 or 5 different PCs. Only problem is that just about any hardware change forces you to have to reactivate Vista. Which isnt the way it is supposed to be. But it happens.

Yep. I couldn't tell you the amount of times I had to re-activate Windows XP by phone. Too many.

i thought it was only the motherboard, processer n hard drive that you had to reactivate cos of it changing system settings

so if your motherboard screws up, you not only have to buy a new mobo, but a new copy of xp? or will they allow a reactivation by phone for that too?

wel i rang up on mine and theyt reactivated it, i never told them that i had a new motherboard or anythin i told them i couldnt activate n they gave me a new number i dont think i gave my old number in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom