DVD Burner and regular DVD drive recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Don't really know ANYTHING about this catagory of items I have to decide on, heres what I got so far:

Newegg.com - SONY NEC Optiarc Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner - OEM
Newegg.com - Sony NEC Optiarc Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1615/B2s - OEM

anything I need to know? Not really too keen on light scribe technology if all it can do is labels, and definately won't get blu ray or anything since they are way too expensive. Don't need to burn on double layer expensive dvds also, juts need 2 good reliable drives, one a dvd burner and the regular one just a dvd player.

great choices... I got the same DVD drive. I was thinking about getting a Samsung dvd burner, but I already ordered the SONY so it's too late.

great choices... I got the same DVD drive. I was thinking about getting a Samsung dvd burner, but I already ordered the SONY so it's too late.

hmm got the link to the samsung one? which is better...how do I even tell? it feels like Im talking to myself sometimes on these forums :p

plextor and pioneer make the best drives. also make sure u get a sata to save sum airflow space and save ur self bending the un-natural thick ide cables round the joint.

plextor and pioneer make the best drives. also make sure u get a sata to save sum airflow space and save ur self bending the un-natural thick ide cables round the joint.

can you provide any newegg links?

correct... but they also are the most expensive... but i highly recommend lite-on:

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model SHD-16S1S-05 - OEM

or

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD Burner - OEM

but may i ask why u need two DVD-ROM or DVD-RW drives?

I need one DVD-RW drive and one DVD-Rom, its just far more convienant then just having 1 drive ( usually have a DVD or CD in both drives at all times ). The Lite-On is the same price and specifications as the sony dvd-rom drive except the sony has a lot more reviews. Whats the differance if I get the OEM version?

I need one DVD-RW drive and one DVD-Rom, its just far more convienant then just having 1 drive ( usually have a DVD or CD in both drives at all times ). The Lite-On is the same price and specifications as the sony dvd-rom drive except the sony has a lot more reviews. Whats the differance if I get the OEM version?

dude, you'll be FINE/happy with the two choices you already made with the sony's. OEM comes with the drive ONLY without the fancy box/sata cable/power cables. If you bought a PSU/MOBO, get the OEM. If you're upgrading, them you might need the RETAIL version in case you don't have the cables... I think that's what it is...

i just gotta say stay away from hp-dvd drives the spin-up/down times are terrible and they break down fairly easily. Sony dvd drives are verry reliable, lite-on drives are aslo good and cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom